Thread: Dumb LS1 install questions

Junior SCH Member

Dumb LS1 install questions

Hi,

I'm almost done installing the P1SC LS1 kit in my Trans Am and I have a couple of dumb questions.

The air plenum (i cheesed out and got the black plastic one).... There are no instructions in the manual about mounting it to the car. I'm assuming that it flopping around under the hood isn't the proper method.... I noticed it has two tabs with screw holes, just drill a little hole into the sheet metal above the radiator and screw it in?

The other one relates to the surge system. The manual is helpful enough to tell me that I need to run a vaccum line to my FMU, which I don't have. So what should I do with this assembly?????

Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    The little brackets on the rear of the airbox get screwed down to the radiator cover. The surge valve should have a vaccum line ran to manifold vacuum. I can;t remember if the F-body system comes with it , but ATI does have a handy little vacuum amnifold that goes in line with the brake booster for a good vaccum source.

Chris

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Injected65
    The little brackets on the rear of the airbox get screwed down to the radiator cover. The surge valve should have a vaccum line ran to manifold vacuum. I can;t remember if the F-body system comes with it , but ATI does have a handy little vacuum amnifold that goes in line with the brake booster for a good vaccum source.

Chris
    So, I can tap the vacuum running to the brake booster? Sounds easy enough. The kit didn't come with any manifold, just a simple T adapter.

Doug

Yea, you can splice the T in anywhere that is a good vacume source. The brake booster would be a good one, but the line is a little big to be putting a T on, so look for something else that comes directly off of the intake manifold to T into. Maybe a fuel pressure regulator or something along those lines... I don't have a whole lot of experience with the F body's so I can't tell you specifficaly.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net