Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going with slightly smaller pulley - need new chip burned?

Senior SCH Member
    Good look with the car but do you have the name of the company that makes the rims wider. thanks
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

I think the company is Weldcraft Inc. in Michigan. I think their number is (734)420-2211. At one point I had found their website, but I've lost the link.
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Z's Cobra
    Update - have a dyno session scheduled for Saturday. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Anyone with any suggestions on what I should pay attention to at the dyno? I've been told to shoot for a 12:1 or 12.5:1 a/f ratio and to make sure my fuel guage continues to go up as the RPMs climb. The only adjustments I can make are to the adjustable fmu and the timing. I think I'm running like 12 degrees initial timing right now and the JMS chip brings the timing back in the upper RPMs. Any dyno and tuning experts chime in before Saturday with any good advice.
    How did the dyno session go for you? Again, when I was running the 119mph traps as you did, I was around 460rwhp and 430ish rwtq.. with 11:1 a/f and 22 degree total timing.
    Let us know!

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Yea, I too am curious on how that went for you.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Well it went ok. I was a little disappointed. The dyno showed 440 rwhp and 426tq. I was disappointed because I was certain it would take more hp than that to move such a heavy car to 119 mph traps. Of course, I may be making power much sooner than before the pulley swap, I just have to compare the dyno sheets. Unfortunately, the fuel started dropping off in the upper rpm range. I run the good high output walbro intank pump but I'm also running the external pump that ati supplied with my kit. I think maybe that external pump is acting as a restriction and that I should dump it. I'm going to send the dyno graphs to JMS and ask their opinion on the pump set-up. I have 42lb injectors so my injectors should be fine, but JMS might need to recalibrate the duty cycle.

My friend scanned the dyno sheets and emailed them to me so I wil try to post the dyno sheet and a/f sheet later when I have time.

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

Please post your findings on the fuel pump setup... btw, what setup do you have currently? I am running a 255lph in tank and I have a 255lph external fuel pump... I have heard before that it is not good to have the same size pumps both in and out, so I am a bit worried.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

I'm running the high output 255 walbro unit intank and the ati supplied external pump. I don't know what the ati external pump is rated at but I'm going to call ati to find out.

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3