Thread: Pulley question, Modular guys or anybody please..

Junior SCH Member

Pulley question, Modular guys or anybody please..

I'm getting together a 4v Cobra block and forged crank for a forged rebuild. Boost will not be a problem. I'm looking for 500rwhp but if I get more I won't complain. I need to know what's the smallest pulley I can get for the 1000? I was thinking of a 3" but I could've sworn I seen a 2.87" somewhere. I'm undecided on getting a Ppipe as of yet. I'd like to get a Morpheus because of the price but I heard of a long wait. The mods, if this matters will be the same '01 ported heads, crane cams, possibly bigger valves and the forged 4v block. I really need some Modular advice on this but I'll take anybody's. Thanks, Russell...
    '96 2v 515rwhp on pump gas..
    Built longblock by Al Pappito
    Boss330racing.com

Junior SCH Member

HorsePower Pipes

Hello,
    We have indeed had some waiting periods associated with our pipes. As with any new company we have had many challenges to over come. We are however working diligently to rise above demand an have all pipes in stock. This plan is unfolding as we speak. Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding our products. To those who have had to wait.. We appologize and thank you for your interest in our company.

Harold Jr.

Junior SCH Member
    This does'nt even answer my question at all and really isn't associated with my post. This is a pulley question, if your going to do some damage control just put it in your ad or make somekind of statement, Publicly. I would'nt think twice about getting your pipe and the wait is factual, but it still does'nt answer my question as to "What's the smallest Pulley I can use on my modular?" "Does anyone know?" Thanks.
    '96 2v 515rwhp on pump gas..
    Built longblock by Al Pappito
    Boss330racing.com

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    the smallest pulley available for the novi is 2.75" . it is available from 'need for speed ' in tampa fla. it costs around $79.95 or so. this WILL void your warranty if it applies to you.http://www.need-4-speed.com/

that's where i bought my 3" pulley from and they are good people. i think i just read that the 2.75 will work but will be borderline.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Junior SCH Member

Great!!

Damage Control.. it is than... Good luck with your project.

post up how that 2.75 works out. i might be going after that next year.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Junior SCH Member
    this is what i found with pulleys. if you go to a bigger pulley change the crank pulley. it cost more but is more effective. i had a 3.0" on my dohc and slip was terrible. i maxed the 1k out at 500rwhp, curve flatlined at 6650rpm. i then went to a larger crank pulley 7.25". same thing happened as before i maxed the novi 1k out at 6250-6300rpm@490rwhp(hotter day&different dyno). since then i have went back to the 3.25" pulley and 7.25" crank pulley. slip should be less and the car feels more responsive. i havnt dynoed yet because i know once the car gets around 500rwhp it is done making power. i have 4.30 gears so i was just trying to get back the rpm i was losing between 6300-7k. my advice is leave the pulley arangement alone. you will make close to 500rwhp it is just a matter of where you make it in the rpm band. at least from my experience.