Thread: New to Procharger

Junior SCH Member

New to Procharger

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a p600b as my first attempt to supercharge. please give some tips on injectors and selecting mass air meters. I want to know all the little tricks to make things run smooth...
    91Notch/91Hatch/89 Saleen

Well... to start, you need to give a detailed list of everything that is done to your car... what your goals are, what you got as far as the kit goes, and so on... be as complete as possible and we can most definitely help you.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    My car is a 1991 LX Notchback. I currently have a 306 with GT40X heads that have been ported. I am running a Cobra Intake. This car is a street car and my intentions are to leave it as a street car. I have a new 351W roller block on the engine stand for future works. The 306 in my car has about 1000 miles on it and I built it as a project just to learn. The 351w is something I just want to do in the future so I buy things for it and just put them on the shelf. The 306 should take me for the next two years then I will have the AFR heads and nice stuff for the 351W. For now I just want to put the P600b on my car and get it dialed in. I bought the setup for a 351w carb setup and now I am converting the kit for EFI. I need a 302 Procharger bracket and supporting equipment. I took my buddies intercooler tubes down to the muffer shop to get madrel pipes made to duplicate the ones that come with the procharger kit. Now i am in search of a intercooler and 302 mounting bracket. I have a FMU....
    91Notch/91Hatch/89 Saleen

Well, for a meter, I would most definitely suggest thePro-M Univer. It is far superior to all others in the way that it samples air. Others have had good success with Pro-M bullet meters as well along with others. If you are going to be running an FMU, then the injectors you have now (I would assume stock) would be fine as long as you have the external fuel pump on. Most people are finding it better to ditch the FMU and get larger injectors (injectors that are adaquate for that power level). This gives a much more even power level across the power band and in most cases is easier to tune, more predictible, and you will make more power. A FMU is just a band-aid for an in-adaquate fuel system. You are going to want to go with spark plugs that are 1-2 steps colder heat range than stock along with a consideribly closer gap to keep the spark from blowing out under boost. As far as the brackets... you might be able to find someone on here that is willing to let you borrow the brackets off of their car to have made for yours. I beleive that there was just a post about this not too long ago regarding someone making a steel version of one of the brackets for flex reasons... I think it was even for a 302 application as well... take a look around through the forums.

Welcome to the site, have a look around, and read other peoples experiences and advise... there is a great deal of knowledge here on this board and it will end up being a valuable tool for you durring and after your installation.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    my post didn't stick...

91 Notch; I have a 1 piece cast bracket somewhere, I'll see if I can locate it. Its not from my kit, and the original owner sold his kit after getting an update bracket.

WA2FAST; My tensioner is
    off too as I'm working on getting some parts together. The seals 1/2 gone on the backside and the bearings are visible. I'm going to attempt to replace the seal and repack/replace the bearings. It might be possible to replace the ATI ideler pulley with a common8 rib OEM ideler. I have one for a powerstroke F350, I'll see if it can be made to work.