Thread: would 24 or 30# injectors work for me?

would 24 or 30# injectors work for me?

stock 89 5.0 with novi 2k. My plugs tell me I'm running lean (at the track), even with the FMU installed.

I'd like to stick with 24 or 30 lb injectors. Right now, I have the stock 19 lb. I may eventually add a few bolt ons but nothing major. Probably exhaust, MSD box down the road.

I want to keep it very streetable in the city b/c I drive it daily.

I assume a new MAF sensor will also be necessary?

thanks

Either of those shold work with a stock pully on a stock motor as long as you have the right disk in the fmu. I would decide by what I found the best deal on for 8 injectors and a mass air.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    Hey I have a set of 36lb and 75pro-m for sale. I want 300.00 for everything send me a pm if you are interested.

Junior SCH Member
    We've always ran faster with larger injectors and no FMU with a ProM 77. I ran the 30's with about 7lbs (SN92), GT40 intake and GT40 irons and they were not enough, switched to 36's and the setup worked great with stock fuel pressure and no special tuning. If your car is stone stock with the Novi 1000 as the only mod, the 30's and no FMU should work; you can always fine tune it with an adjustable fuel regulator. If you plan on any mods 36's will be required.