Thread: dont laugh help me make my desicion

SCH Member

dont laugh help me make my desicion

Ok, some of yall know about the novi 2k i was suppose to get,well no way im getting my money back from that guy. Ok well i might be able to sell it for 1600 and start my FTI combo, used afr's used performer and still need to find some exhaust. Well the reason im selling it because im thinking it became too much trouble. Now everything is there actaully believe it or not. But should i put it on(sn-2000 vr4 version powerpipe fmu blah blah for those of you who dont know). Its been on the market for about 3 months and im not being very motivated to sell this thing really anymore. Being the vr4 version how much boost and hp would i see on a stock motor and can i keep that blower from getting hot?

Senior SCH Member
    well for what its worth, a guy i used to know had a VR4 paxton on a 92 camaro that ran 10.30s @ 130+

id say they do have potential

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Here's another vote to run the VR4 you've got. On a bone-stock motor the SN2000 will bump HP from 230 into the 290s, torque from 300 into the 340s, that's at 6psi @ 5500 from a 1.66 belt ratio.

Add some Windsor Jr. heads, Performer intake, long-tube headers, you're looking at @ 340-350 hp x 370ish torque (which makes for a real nice street setup with some 3.27 gears). That's with the same pullies (1.66 belt ratio), and making only 4.7 psi due to increased flow potential. Note - max rec. pulley speed is 9500 rpm, 9500/1.66 = 5722rpm shift point.

Change the blower oil every 3k along with the engine oil and it should be fine. The ball drives were always considered very reliable when turning at the speeds Paxton recommends. You know, the original ball-drive blower design was first built way back when to pump air into Navy submarines - talk about mission-critical reliability required! Now, if you wanted to overdrive the blower much, you should invest in a good fluid cooler setup, and change the fluid more frequently. Heat is what kills the ball drive blowers.
    Chris

Junior SCH Member
    You should get the oil cooler set up no matter what. This will help your blower last longer and reduce the heat it puts out.

Junior SCH Member
    Word.
    Click here to see my Notch

Engine mods:
    Paxton Supercharger, TFS Twisted Wedge heads, 75 h.p. NOS, Typhoon intake, 80mm ProM, 30# injectors, Aeromotive fuel rails and FPR, Anderson PowerPipe, Edelbrock 70mm T/B and EGR spacer, BBK 255 lph in-tank pump, MSD 6A, Billet distributor, Blaster coil and BTM, Fluidyne radiator, Stewart water pump, FMS Police Interceptor fan and clutch, BBK Ceramic shorties with Stage 8 locks, Catco high-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back.
    Chassis:
    FMS front lower control arms, BBK upper and lower rear control arms, BBK progressive rate lowering springs , BBK subs, Steeda G-trac bar, Kenne Brown strut tower brace, Steeda caster/camber plates, AFS Cobra wheels, Koni 5 way adjustable Reds, SSBC rear disc brake conversion, FMS 73mm front disc upgrade, Maximum Motorsport stainless brake lines.
    Drivetrain:
    FMS 3.73 gear, TA rearend girdle, FMS aluminum driveshaft, Lentech Street Terminator valvebody, B&M Hammer shifter, Trick Flow high capacity aluminum AOD pan.
    Interior/Exterior:
    Cervini Mach 1 hood, Saleen body kit and rear wing, Cobra grille insert, Cerullo seats.

SCH Member
    anyone have any idea what times i would get with lets say vr4 boosted all the way up with the limited fuel i will have and headers, systematix intake, and maybe a blower cam?

edit...with 3.55's and maybe e/t streets

ho do you guys run oil coolers? between the pressure sender and the blower on the novi's?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D