Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Booooost - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booooost

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    I don't know if it will slip or not, hopefully NOT! If anyone knows for sure, let me know now before I buy one.(lol):spit:

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    dude, just buy the asp 8incher and save your warranty, forget about belt slip. check out my website, then make up your mind.
    http://community.webtv.net/vert306/NOVIPOWERED
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

8" asp crank pulley = OWNAGE!!!!! :D The only way to go :)

If you get tired of the boost the 8" crank pulley gives ya, put the bottle on it! And if you get tired of that, get a Novi2k cog it and put the bottle on top of that! If you get tired of that, speak to Doug! I am sure he has an idea or two :D :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Originally posted by Goliath5.0
    If you get tired of the boost the 8" crank pulley gives ya, put the bottle on it! And if you get tired of that, get a Novi2k cog it and put the bottle on top of that! If you get tired of that, speak to Doug! I am sure he has an idea or two :D :)
    :D
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Hey guy's ,I bought my blower brand new but second-hand from a guy who's car was stolen before he received the NOVI in the mail and the company he bought it from would not give a refund!BUMMER but anyway for some reason he sent in the warranty card before i bought it and Paxton won't transfer the warranty and now they have it documented by serial number that it is a "NO WARRANTY" unit. So anyway i can change my blower pulley a lot cheaper than a crank pulley, Should i do it?

Junior SCH Member
    Frank! If you buy that smaller blower pulley, would you be interested in selling the original piece?

Nik

Nik,
    I have my original blower pulley if you are interested in it. I put the smaller blower pulley on mine back in Aug. The pulley is just sitting around wasting space, not much space, but its still worthless to me. Let me know if you want it.

chagen@theonlynet.net

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Frank,

I am doing it for sure, my power pipe is going on tomorrow and the pulley will be ordered by Friday.

I dont think the the belt will slip anymore than it does now, you just have to keep it tight.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Thanks everyone for the input, I'll go ahead with the blower pulley and the Morphius pipe, If I get any problems from this combo i'll surelly post it for all to learn by !
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    WUSSS! LOL! My Novi is on crack with the 8 incher(Chris' quote), and i love it. Best of luck! Man my car rips now, only 2 weeks till dyno day!
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster