Thread: Okay... someone tell me that the AFM power pipe fits

Okay... someone tell me that the AFM power pipe fits

Okay, before I either put my fist through the fender or through the window... someone tell me how the hell the damn inner fender is supposed to fit back in when the AFM power pipe is installed please.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Sorry for the frusterated post... I was ready to kill the car. I am utterly frusterated with this... can someone tell me how they got theirs to fit in? I have tried to position the power pipe a million different ways and it just won't go back in. Is there a trick to this? My horn mounts are totaly blocking the tube from going any further and I have bent them as far out of the way as possible with all of my force. I am at wits end here... what do I do?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    I don't have an AFM, but I think I know the issues.

I was able to fit a 4" 90', but the top of the liner is bulged a little, and I am able to get a big *** filter past the horns (bent the bracket).

From the looks of the AFM, its long, and has a lot of bends. I couldn't really see how it's supposed to install from the pics based on what my set up conisites of.

I'm still using the flex pipe off the back of the blower to the fender. Since it has an offset requiring angled joints on either end, I was reluctant to buy a 4" rubber 90', and butchering it and not getting a good seal. I was concerned about a rubber pipe colapsing too. I can't honestly say I saw any boost increasing ditching the reducer that ATI used to pass through the stock hole, and the somewhat smaller 90' pipe and upgrading it to 4".

Okay... I finaly got it to fit. It took me pulling off the horn (even though I bent the HELL out of the brackets initialy) that was closest to the liner and moving/bending it to fit and be mounted off of the bolt hole for the other one to retain both notes... one just sounds terrible, trust me. The horns are damn near the front top part of the fender now, way out of the way of anything. After that, it took myself and a friend to strong-arm it in place. What a pain! I somehow got it in the fender without the air filter coming in contact with anything really (just resting lightly on the inside lower part of the fender where the lining meets... that's where it is supposed to be anyway) and the rubber 90 isn't getting squished at all either. Somehow with all of that wiring, tubing, filter and everything... it fit! Thank god that is overwith... I even think I can change the filter out without taking the whole thing apart again, just the front section.

What a frusterating procedure. Anyway, everything is back together now... I have a video clip of the car and I am trying to figure out some way to post it, but I don't see that happening as I need a pretty good ammount of space. Anyway, I will try to get some more pics and keep you guys updated. Things are looking good.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Glad to see you got it on there man, doesn't it always seem like the simplest projects are the ones that seem to kick your a$$?? I know thats how it always goes for me anyway. I can take something as simple as a brake job and end up stripping a bolt and taking a week to fix it...
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Haha, I think we all know how that goes for sure! I have way more patients this time because I prepared myself for this to take forever... which it has, just hasn't taken quite as long as I prepared, so thank god on that note!
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST