Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
powerpulleys

Thread: powerpulleys

Senior SCH Member

powerpulleys

hey this site is a life saver the guys at muscle motors let me know about it here comes a question it may be a dumd one but oh well can i still use my under drive pulleys on my car with the 1000 or should i put the stock pulleys back on. and does any one in canada have a bypass valve for sale ,tried to get a bosch one but no one in regina .sk carries them .i dont care if its new or used thanx

You cannot use the crank pulley for sure because it slows down your accesories and therfore the blower.

You will make very little boost if you keep it on there.

Senior SCH Member
    thank u so much thats what i wasnt sure about so i shoul take all of them off or just the crank pulley

Chris,

I would take them all off, install your stock crank pulley (or the F150) and install the alernator pulley that comes with the kit.

Ian

If you upgrade the crank pulley to the 6.5" f150 you may have problems with clearance between your waterpump and crank pulley as well.

The reason for switching to the f150 crank pulley it is larger than stock and spins the supercharger faster giving you more boost which is always a good thing.

Senior SCH Member
    thanks for the help

For sure ditch the underdrive pullies!!! Get an F-150 Crank Pulley and Leave the Stock Water Pump Pulley on! Easy 8+ PSI! If you want you could use the cobra water pump pulley... but it is NOT NECESSARY, now if you use a BIGGER CRANK PULLEY you will most definately need th eocbra water pump pulley.

I dabbled with testing and tuning with the novi-1k and tried pretty much every combination out there just to see what it was like (for the exception of changing the head unit pulley :D gotta keep the warranty!!!) using a RACE CRANK PULLEY... Even though I knew it was going to run like dog poo I wanted to try it out to put any doubt in my mind away... and yep... it ran like dog poo!

LoL!

You will like the f-150 crank pulley. When you want more boost you can step up to a 7", 7.5" or a crazy *** 8" (like mine) crank pulley!

Good luck and keep us posted with your result! AND REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK! :D
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Senior SCH Member
    i went as soon as igot your advice on the pulley off an f150 and orderd 1 thanks again for everyones help

Chris here's a link for the bypass valve, took about a week to get mine in & cost me about $25.00 to my door.

Bypass Valve

*** The link doesn't take you all the way for some reason, click on the "V6 model, then type "bypass" in the search box, then click on "charge air bypass" and you should be there.

Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    thanks so much sean good luck on the car

No problem at all, I know how it is to try & find "abnormal" parts in an area where the parts stores/dealers suck!

Senior SCH Member
    i know i work at 1 of those crappy dealerships dont tell no one its a acura dealership shhhh its a secret.hahahahahahahah i get a laugh evertime i tell some one who drives a real car good old 5.0

Junior SCH Member

where can i find an f150 pulley

what year truck does the pulley need to be and where can i find the pulley.?

Senior SCH Member
    JORDAN HERES THE PART #F2UZ 6A312-A FOR NEW
    HERES WHAT IS STAMPED ON THE PULLEY IF LOOKING FOR USED F2UA-6312-A I DONT NO WHAT YEAR THOUGH. GOOD LUCK