Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some quick 2k help....

fitment issues

I love my 2k kit, but there were 3 things that needed tweeked. The lower bolt that goes into the alternator did not engage the block. Had to use the old stock one after reeming the hole larger in the aluminum bracket. Not too hard except it was all mounted when I found out.

2nd issue was bracket that hold tensioner pulley. It rested against the air compressor bracket. This caused the belt to ride off the compressor pulley. Had to grind both brackets to provide clearance.

3rd issue were air conditioner lines that hit the s/c pulley when the engine was revved (actually vice versa). Had to use a 2x4 and push them away from the s/c to provide clearance. These were located near the passenger side of radiator and turned down the fenderwell.

Keep in mind, my car was a stock 89 5.0. so far, so good. I love it.

Junior SCH Member
    So 1001810-R is the 2K kit without fmu, filter and pump?

no, that is the kit with head unit, brackets, 8" crank pully, 3.5" blower pulley, vortech v7 inlet and discharge tube (inlet only includes elbow), vortech race bypass, no fmu, no feul pump, no air filter. Everything else normally inlcuded in a kit. You have to supply a power pipe of some sort.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    I talked to Dave last Friday.., who talked to Kelly. From what Paxton thought, it seems their street kit uses the same bypass valve, contains no fuel items, and you need to use your own inlet pipe/powerpipe etc... There is only a $100-150 dollar difference in this kit, compared to the full Novi 2k kit.

For the small difference, it's worth buying the whole kit, then parting out the parts you don't need and make a few bucks.

Now, Vortech, they make a street kit, which uses a larger bypass valve on their S trim street series.

Basically, I'm seeing info all over the place here...

The "-1" on the end of the full novi 2k represents their kit which I spelled out above.

Sorry to add to the confusion....
    --------------------------------
    89GT, 306 and all the goodies....

you need to ask about the "real street kit" The one all the novi guys use in nmra's real street class. To me haveing the better stuff is a way better deal at the same price. This kit comes with a vortech reac bypass and no the cheap bosch setup.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

look at the pics of my setup!

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member
    It sucks when I have to know more about a kit in order to convicnce them they produce something along the lines of what you're saying...haha

Otherwise, I believe ya....