Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Preliminary install help

Thread: Preliminary install help

Junior SCH Member

Preliminary install help

First of all...sorry about the crappy quality of the pictures. I don't have a digital camera so I used my Camcorder and a frame grabber to take them. The lighting sucked and I tried to make the pictures with a small file size. ; )

I've got a D-1 with the upgraded sheet metal 3-core intercooler going in my 93 LX coupe. I was looking over the install instructions and think I might be missing a collar or two...Here's the shot I have from my instruction manual:

Here is what I have:

It seems like that rubber hose that is going in to the MAF should be metal instead of rubber. I'm not sure why they have those little collars sitting next to it in the install instructions if it is supposed to be rubber. I can't find the two collars near the MAF meter that are pictured in the instructions. Do I need to call about these? I can't seem to find them on the packing sheet. What are they listed as?

About the MAF...I bought an 80mm Pro-M to use with the blower, but the K&N filter is made in to the meter...I guess I'll have to sell this one or use it on my 89 GT...Anyway...I had this old 80mm C&L sitting around the house and decided to use it. Will I need to buy a new rubber hose to slip over the meter? The one included in the kit is actually smaller than the inlet side of the meter.

Thanks!!

Chad
    78 Regal (stock)
    89 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary (parts purchased, but not installed)
    93 Mustang LX 5.0 ex-FHP car (modified)
    02 Camaro Z28 35th Anniversary (light mods)
    http://members.aol.com/chadtn

Junior SCH Member
    if you have same instructions page 10 labeled D is says they changed it but have not chaged pictures
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    Dee...I found what you are talking about in the instructions. I'm glad that is taken care of. ; )

Anyone have some info on the MAF meter? Is anyone else running this meter? Are you happy with it?

Thanks!

Chad
    78 Regal (stock)

The pictures you are looking at are the first revision pictures of the kit. They have not changed the pictures as the kits have slightly changed parts through out the years. If everything goes together, thats all you need... you are NOT going to be able to follow those directions exactly perfect step by step anyway, trust me... your in for a frusterating treat if you are. As far as the MAF, I strongly suggest the Pro-M Univerover any other meter out there, especially for a blown appliction. It is more expensive, but trust me, well worth it when you take your car in to get tuned and see the bill. As far as the tube... what sizes do you need? I have an extra from ATI that I have never used that looks exactly like what you need... give me sizes and demensions on what you have and what size you are going to need to fit your MAF, I think I have one if you want it.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I found the tube I need from a local guy. Thanks though!

How much are the univers and where is a good place to buy one?

Thanks!

Chad
    78 Regal (stock)