Thread: Trick Flow upper and Aeromotive fuel rails

Trick Flow upper and Aeromotive fuel rails

First of all this is on a (351) 393 stroker, that has a YS-trim Vortech on it. I have a Cervanis Cobra R hood 2 1/5 inches high.
    In order to use my TFS upper and Aeromotive fuel rails I have to use a 3/8 spacer between the upper and lower. Which means my hood will not fit. I hate high cowls, so I am trying to see what my options are.

1. Is there other types of fuel rails I can use?
    2. Is there another type of upper I can use?
    3. what do you think, have I missed something?
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    For what it's worth I think all aftermarket rails have pretty much the same shape. The way I see it you have two options if you don't want a bigger hood. Option #1 You could switch to a box style upper intake. I.E. - Hogan's, Downs or Cartech......you get the idea. Option #2 would be to sell your entire intake setup including the rails, and buy a spyder intake.
    302 shortblock, X303 heads, E303 cam, SVO 1.6 roller rockers, Hogans upper, GT40 lower w/ 1" spacer, BBK 70mm throttle body & EGR, 42# inj., A/C elim., Smog Elim., Pro-M 80mm, Diablo Sport "REV Only" chip, Vortech YS trim 12#'s w/ mondo bypass, AFM Power Pipe, MSD 6AL w/ BTM, Aeromotive Competition Fuel System, Ron Davis 3 core aluminum radiator, BBK chrome shorties, MAC H-Pipe, MAC Dumps, Trans Specialties C4 w/ Trans Specialties Custom built 10 XHD HS converter, B&M Pro-Stick Shifter, UPR K-Member, w/ coil overs, Southside upper/lower control arms, Kenny Brown Sub's, Moser 33-spline's, Moser Spool, C-Clip Elim, S&W 8-point cage, 3.73's, Weld Draglites w/ 26 x 10 M/T ET Drags, and 15 x 3 1/2 Draglites on front.

Best time: 10.558 @ 130.19 w/ 1.503 60'

Mounts

Just curious as to which engine mounts you are using? There are always the HPMs which lower it an additional 3/4". Don't know if it helps.
    http://www.hpmotorsport.com/index2.htm
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Yes, that would solve the problem, but I do not want to run solids. Plus, Afriend gave me an idea. I will cut off the area that is hitting and reweld it back. Thanks for the ideas.

Problem solved

I decided to modify my TFS upper. I will cut and reweld it. Thanks for the help guys.