Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95% done and ready to drop it in

Senior SCH Member
    Seriously, that is probably the sweetest looking setup I've seen in a long time. Looks perfect, don't change a thing! ;)

Thanks guys, this engine is actually going in an 89, the brackets etc on my motor are the ones from the kit they sold in 2000. The newer kits now have dual idlers. The accessories all lined up great, very easy. Course its always easy when the motor is out of the car. I actually ran the kit on my car when I was daily driving it for a year and a half. Finally I was on a friday night fun cruise :) and ran into a guy with a 66 mustang coupe, with a 302 on spray. We were on the highway around 12:15ish pm and after I put a good amount of carlengths on him we pulled over to chat, I went to put the car in reverse and the oil pump siezed. Course when that happens the oil pump shaft turned into a twizzler and made a horrid clanking sound. The guy was real nice though and let me call a tow with his cell. Car sat for probably 4 months while I took my time pulling the motor out, got a new pan (the canton in the picture). Got the car running eventually but I didn't get a good seal, (I'm not the first trust me) Btw if you guys want a real nice oil pan don't get a canton, look at a pan made by Aviaid http://www.aviaid.com . So I parked it in the garage, sold off a lot of the parts I had on the car and its been sitting for over 14 months now.