Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
what is the best suspension for traction...

Thread: what is the best suspension for traction...

what is the best suspension for traction...

Well... while i'm waiting for parts to finish up the motor I was thinking of starting on the suspension. I don't know what is the best for getting traction. I am going to be using 26 x 11.5 ET Street's and I was looking around for suspension and I was thinking of ordering the Steeda Drag-Pak Stage 1

Stage 1 Includes:
    1. Adjustable upper rear control arms
    2. aluminum lower control arms
    3. Drag Stabalizer Bar

If this is good for the back, how much do you need to upgrade for the front.

What's everybody else using, what's good

Thanks

Mark

Senior SCH Member
    Always do rear suspension mods first. I also recommend upper and lower torque box reinforcement (see wolfe racefraft). Throw on a good cage or roll bar and you'll solve your chassis problems. Then the suspension can do it's job.

for the front on a street strip, leaning more towards strip type car, for the front you can't beat coilovers. If I did it over again, I would either spend the money on a complete anthony jones setup, or one from performance automotive.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

get a quality set of lowers & if anything get some uppers that have stiffer bushings. i agree with mark on the torquebox reinforcing. that is a must if you want to hook! but if you really wnat to grab you can add a torque arm set up like griggs or MM. this really helps plant the power to the ground!......please lookinto the torque box reinforcements before hand though, you'll be much happier!
    good luck!
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

who sells torque box reinforcements?

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    For torque box reinforcements, rollcages, chassis stuff from mild to wild, see:
    http://www.wildridesracecars.com/

I'm running HP Motorsport Megabite Jr. lower bars and some police upper bars, I like the way it drives and it hooks!
    Chris