Thread: What blower for '96 Cobra?

Junior SCH Member

What blower for '96 Cobra?

Hey guys, I am going to buy a procharger here in the next couple of weeks.. what blower should I go with?

I have a 96 cobra, with 4.10s and exhaust. Engine is stock.

I like the ease of installing the self contained, but heard the oil fed are more reliable. I paid off the car, so a rebuild fund will be saved up, and plan to go all forged once the motor gives, or I have enough to rebuild it before that happens. I would really like to go high 11s eventually. Blower noise isnt a factor, actually the louder the better! Oh, and I plan on getting the WMS power pipe right away also.

Any help is appreciated, by the way I really like this forum. The support here could be awesome!

The notion of SC vs. oil fed being less reliable is not true. Most of your big race blowers are now shipping in SC form just like most of your street/strip kits. Race blowers that are laying down insane ammounts of power would warrant being reliable in my book of they are being raced every weekend. There are numerous people that have never, ever had a problem with SC superchargers. It is a great concept and ATI has based their marketing plan around it which has proven to be successful.

I wouldn't worry about reliability when it comes to SC vs. non-SC blowers... that isn't an issue, it should be mroe based around what exactly you want to do with your car.

From the sounds of it, you are looking for good streetable power that will prove to be reliable. A P1SC kit shoud definitely suit your needs. There are a couple of upgrade options for the intercooler as well. If you are looking for a blower that can stand more of a power potential, then you might be looking at a D1SC or a F series blower.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net