Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reichard Racing pullies

Senior SCH Member

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Brcuda
    200 bucks is high but, if it does what it claims to do it would be worth it. Plus remember he has to pay for a new CNC machine.
    i agree. but i think that pricing doesn't so much follow what the part cost to make + markup. i think it has more to do with what the part will do for you.

Brcuda. how much do you think a V1 should cost ? i think they are a bit overpriced, considering what it cost to make them.

i have a small lathe/mill & deviding head. i'm going to modify my own pulley. not that i NEED a mill to do that.

What you have to consider also in the price of a product is the reseach and development as well.

When it comes to modifying your own pulley go for it. With the dividing head it will allow you to mill in the slots that splits the holes. But remember those slots are on an angle to the holes, which allow the slots to grab the belt.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    I just ordered mine should get it tomorrow. 125 shipped.
    2001 MG Supercharged Cobra
    4:10s, Steeda Sport Springs, Griggs Driveshaft, JBA 1 5/8 jet black headers, Vortech E Trim, 90mm MAF, 42lb Injectors, 255 fuel pump, Pro 5.0 w steeda handle, Autometer Fuel Pressure and Boost.
    Solid rear, Eaton, Superior axles, and welded tubes, ET Streets on Pro's aftercooler 10lb pulley

La Rocca Tuned

PICS

Hmmm

I will eventually order one too.

Junior SCH Member
    I can't say enought good things about the RR non slip pulley!!!
    The boost is almost instant. Before I would struggle to get 8 psi at 6900. Now I get 10psi at about 5800. (I got off it at that point since its not tuned yet.)

I didn't know my belt was slipping so much till I pulled my blower off and saw all the belt dust on the back of it. (I could have made another belt from it all)

I went from a 3.6 to a 3.1 pulley so thats why the boost is higher but I didn't expect it to come on so early. I can't say enough good things about about this pulley. I know that its going to save me 37 bucks a pop for each belt that I would of had to put on.

Now the bad news for some reason I'm bucking more then I was before. Not sure if this is from the pulley or maybe I messed up with putting the bypass back in.
    2001 MG Supercharged Cobra
    4:10s, Steeda Sport Springs, Griggs Driveshaft, JBA 1 5/8 jet black headers, Vortech E Trim, 90mm MAF, 42lb Injectors, 255 fuel pump, Pro 5.0 w steeda handle, Autometer Fuel Pressure and Boost.
    Solid rear, Eaton, Superior axles, and welded tubes, ET Streets on Pro's aftercooler 10lb pulley

La Rocca Tuned

PICS

SCH Member
    Is the RR pulley lighter than the other pulley you pulled off? Just wondering if there is a weight difference.
    93 LX
    R331/AFR 205/Vic 5.0/? psi

Originally posted by 1BadAzzGT
    I run the Reichard ultra-grip 3.40 pulley and absolutely LOVE IT! I just recently switched from the Vortech 3.60 pulley that I've run for the last 3+ years. Big difference is all I can say. You hit boost much sooner and NO signs of belt wear AT ALL.

Hope that helps your decision.

-Tim
    Can you tell me what type of boost gains you saw with the 3.4 over the 3.6?

Thanks,
    Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.
    Dyno: 496 RWHP. & 422 RWT. (SAE Corrected)
    MY WEBSITE: Click Here
    ww.ModularFords.com -4V Forum Moderator

Senior SCH Member
    well. i machined my pulley last night. (i am having bad belt slip problems, even when its tight as hell. but i know my tensioner had something to do with that. i fixed that also) i cannot possibly see how this modded pulley will slip. but i can see how it may(i sure hope not) eat belts, and i de-burred the crap out of it. i haven't run it yet, finished late last night. but i'll let ya know how it goes. i have to open up my exhaust to lower the boost a little.

Let us know the outcome.

Senior SCH Member
    i drove it out to the track today, ROUTE 66, about 60 round trip. as i said, i don't think it will ever slip. but there is a little belt dust around, but the belt looks fine. i expected there to be some dust, probably some little burs i couldn't see, they should, i hope, where down over time. these 6 rib belts/pullies are not intended to handle a heavy load, and they don't, unless you make them. but that can bring other problems = such is hot rodding.

i didn't run it at the track. they were closed :(
    said they were setting up for a GREATFULL DEAD concert this weekend.
    this weekend wtf is that, its tuesday
    sheeesh, my luck .......

Senior SCH Member
    How is belt wear with these RR pulleys? I'm more concerned over that than the cost of the pulley. The "teeth" on it look like they could do some serious chewing on ribbed belts.
    TwEECer & Custom Chip Sales/Tuning - www.v8mustang.com