Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Parts to do a rebuild!!

Thread: Parts to do a rebuild!!

Parts to do a rebuild!!

A friend of mine passed this my way.. thought I would share!!

2 Nachi ball bearings nac-6003 (must be speed rated)
    2 SKF Ball Bearings 6205/C3
    1 Chicago rawhide seal SC/R-6248
    1 Transcom seal TCM-25x40x7tc
    1 Chicago Rawhide Speedi sleeve C/R-99062

that is everything needed for replacing the bearings, seals, etc. Disassembling it is real easy...just take off the 8 bolts holding the front cover on, take off the impellar nut (i think i remember it being left hand thread), take off the compressor case and impellar and mark it so you can have it clocked right for reassembly. As for the rest, it is obvious how it comes off and you will have to have the old bearings pressed off and the new ones pressed back on. The toughest part is getting out the main shaft but with a small piece of threaded rod the size of the pulley bolt and a few quick blows from a hammer and it's out...anyways, it is really simple to do and is EXTREMELY cheap compared to vortechs price to rebuild so there ya go.
    that is the very brief version of how to take it apart, there is a little more fine detail to it but you'll see once you start. just be careful with everything. this is replacing all the parts that vortech calls a "minor repair" at $395. all these parts cost WELL UNDER $50 if i remember correctly...maybe closer to $25 but it's been quite some time since i've even had a vortech (went turbo after that). anyways, have fun
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

THANKS!!!!!,, That is some great information, probably save some money for all in the future,,,, Bee:)