Thread: Impeller Differences between I & II

Junior SCH Member

Impeller Differences between I & II

What are the advantages and dissadvantages of the impellers in the P1-SC I & II. I'm thinking of getting the R/S kit, and upgrading to the IC later on. The R/S kit comes with the P1-SC II, and I'm worried that it may be an inferior blower in a IC'ed application when I eventually go that route.

Junior SCH Member
    You wouldn't have to worry about that blower being an inferior unit. ( the II ) I have a few friends that are running that unit. The ( II) has radial blades as well as helixed blades....If you are ever around turbos you will know that the helixed blades do that actuall "grabbing" of the air, then direct it into the radial blades for the compression.

The P1-SC is just a radial unit, and works well on stock cars, and trucks ( I used to have one on the cobra) but when you are trying to run a R/S car, or even one that will be higher HP, and a intercooled unit, you will want to go with the P1-SCII.

The P1-SCII is pretty close to the D1-SC though varies just slightly....so if you are needed a push on what direction to go. GO with the P1-SCII !!!

I don't know the price diffrence between the two units, so I couldn't tell you even a guess on the cost. But good luck with the buy.

Happy Motoring,
    EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the info!