Thread: Tuning Questions

Junior SCH Member

Tuning Questions

After i got done installing my d1sc (3-core) the car fired right up and ran perfect. after it warmed up though it would shut off unless you gave it gas. Was thinking this may have something to do with the tension of the throttle cable.

Anyways, we'll see what happens this time around...we drove the car for about 5-10 minutes before the head gasket let go highest we took was to 10lbs. The timing was set at 8 degrees, the car hasn't had new gas in it for about 8 months though so do you think this could be a problem??

This time around i am trying out the frrp m6051-b51 graphite head gaskets....anybody run these, and what type of torkque specs should i use on my afr's????

i have a new msd coil and 6al, should i hook up the ignition before starting next time around....and any other suggestions of tuning??

Senior SCH Member
    I would get a btm and, as for when its warming I think you may have leak in the tube after the mass air. hope this helps had some of the same problems and Im sure the gas had something to do with it
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Senior SCH Member
    The old gas could have been no good from sitting so long. Also, what does your fuel system look like etc? The timing is set pretty low, but there is obviously a reason a head gasket let go, and my guess would be not enough fuel, or octane.

good luck
    DAN
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    i am running 42lb injectors, t-rex pusher and a 255lph inline...the fuel pressure was inbetween 40-45 forget what exactly it was at.......ya, i am definately going to put some new gas in next time around....it egg shapped all the rings on all 4 cylinders on the passenger side??

Senior SCH Member
    Sounds to me like it was detonating like a biatch! The FRPP graphites are good gaskets, they are just Fel-pro 9333's with a Ford part number. I have ran both the fel-pro 1011-2 and the 9333 with ARP studs and I actually split my block once with no head gasket failure. If you machine the heads and the block right and use studs it will seal. But with bad gas you probably killed it, why chance your motor with a blower on it, on dead 8mo old gas??? I would have drained the tank or just ran it out before boosting it... Your lucky it didn't get one of those cheap hyper pistons...
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......