Thread: Anyone running the Flaming River Bat. Cut-off?

Anyone running the Flaming River Bat. Cut-off?

The push/pull design with the rod.

Question is, did you have to tie your alt. into it for it to cut the car off when activated? Any details on the wiring would be great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Nobody, TTT
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Sean, you are going to have to tie your alt. in to make it nhra legal. I haven't used the flaming river stuff for this, but plan to on my coupe. Do you have a 3g or is it a stock alt.?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

3 g is waiting instal, battery is is back.

when you put the 3g on you need to do this. Normally the to wires you would put ring terminals on and hookup to the back of the alternator, don't, just tuck them out of the way, don't cut them out of the loom or anthing, because inline with those to where they go to the selonoid there is somthing that senses voltage or something. I don't really understand it, just don't hook em up or remove them or anthing. Now run like a 1gauge (not ought) back to the battery side of the switch in the back. This will allow the switch to turn the car off while running and also allow the car to charge much better. Put a big fat 1o or so between the the battery and the switch, then run the same size up to the selonoid. And wa-la. Your nhra legal, charging better, and everything. You might also make a good motor to chassis ground somewhere. This really hellped on my car.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I run a healthy (1 o I believe) as is now from the bat. to the solenoid. So what you are saying is all I need to do is when I do the 3g upgrade is to run the charging wire back to the same side of the switch that I'll tie the (+) cable from the solenoid to?

I agree the extra motor to chassis ground does wonders.

Sean

nope, you'll run the charging wire to the battery side of the switch. That way when the switch is turned off it will cut power to the selonoid from the battery and the charging system. Look at this page, lots of good info on it. damnit, I can't get the link to work. Go on the corral and look up a member named

buffhomer. Go to his page and he has alot of good wiring info. Real nice diagrams and everything.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Will check out the site, think I've seen it before.