Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
427rwhp-Powerdyne:400rwhp-YS?????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 427rwhp-Powerdyne:400rwhp-YS??????

Senior SCH Member
    that explains it.........you wont make much more than you already have unless you start running the good stuff, then you will make killer power. Call me when you decide to run the good stuff.
    Spence

8.96/160

SCH Member
    whats the rest of the combo look like? what pullies are you running?
    93 notch-s-trim@11 p.s.i.,twisted wedge,GT-40,comp,306-pump gas only-10.93@129.7 on bfg drag radials--10.64@127.5 on ET drags
    548rwhp/502 rwtq

new 340" procharged combo in the works

Hmmm

What type of good gas(100+) do you have in your area?
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by FREEZY74
    whats the rest of the combo look like? what pullies are you running?
    8"crank;3.33 s/c
    Holley intake
    Edelbrock 6037's
    Anderson B-2 cam w/1.7 rockers
    Anderson powerpipe
    MSD 6AL w/BTM
    80mm pro-m
    42lb injectors
    Mallory rails
    1/2" in-tank pickup
    twin walbros
    mallory rails
    -8 feed,-6 return
    BBK 1 3/4 LT headers
    BBK shorty catted h-pipe
    Magnaflow cat-back
    1988 5spd Coupe
    Powerdyne combo-427rwhp/415rwtq 12.2@120--2.0 60ft.
    YS combo-525hp/455tq

Junior SCH Member

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Brcuda
    What type of good gas(100+) do you have in your area?
    I only know of one place. I believe it is 103 or 104.
    1988 5spd Coupe
    YS combo-525hp/455tq

Senior SCH Member
    well sorry it took me so long to reply to this post. after getting my motor back up and finally putting the blower belt on my car it felt amazing! all this without a tune and running rich. i run a bassani x-pipe w/cats. one day driving back from getting new tires put on, the car just didn't feel the same anymore. i heard a little bit of rattling on the passenger side and couldn't tell what it was at first. the next morning on my way down a show (knotts berry farms ford show here in cali) someone commented on how there was barely any condensation coming out of my passenger exhaust pipe. i then put my hand down against both pipes and felt a dramatic difference in exhaust flow between the two pipes. the car was VERY sluggish down low and detonated VERY easy under a slight boosted load. when we reached LA for the show, i bought a new x-pipe w/cats and had them put on at chicane sport tuning. There was an EXTREME difference in performance!!! i was also told if i was still running rich, that the new cats would get clogged as well.....and very quickly. guess what.....within a week and a half it seemed that the cats are clogged again.

so i had my original x-pipe w/cats gutted (only for off-road use and test/tuning purposes by the way) :). i put it on and the performance is back again. the car will get dyno tuned next week with this gutted pipe. afterwards the new pipe w/cats will get repaired and put back on for smog purposes.

Junior SCH Member
    Well I get a little condensaton. As soon as I start it up it blows(spits) black water drops out of the tailpipes? Is that normal? I guess I should try a Dr. Gas or the BBK shorty x-pipe and go from there.

Spence, regarding your statement about fuel. I realize that running race gas is the best way to get the most out of my car, but I cannot understand why this combo makes less power than my powerdyne setup?
    1988 5spd Coupe
    YS combo-525hp/455tq

I think by good stuff he means 112+ torco :) I always mix in 116 torco whenever I race, dyno, etc. Spence warned me to stay away from the Sunnoco 98 -100 stuff because it is oxygenated and is good for popping pistons. I have always followed that advice and run the torco. The only downside is that your o2's won't be happy, but I'd rather change o2's frequently then internal engine parts :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Hmmm

Originally posted by RdRunnr
    I think by good stuff he means 112+ torco :) I always mix in 116 torco whenever I race, dyno, etc. Spence warned me to stay away from the Sunnoco 98 -100 stuff because it is oxygenated and is good for popping pistons. I have always followed that advice and run the torco. The only downside is that your o2's won't be happy, but I'd rather change o2's frequently then internal engine parts :)
    I ran Sunoco 104 unleaded for 3 years when I was running a Kenne Bell supercharger. It is an oxygenated fuel. The cure to not popping head gaskets is that you have to run more of it. I never blew a head gasket. A buddy of mine(Bellman Jeff) also ran it for that lenght of time or longer with no problems. But, like is said you have to dump more of it.

That would go for any switch to an oxygenated fuel from a fuel that is not. And besides it is 02 friendly.

I am not saying this is the fuel to run, I just hate to see it get a bad rap. Besides I am sure at a certain hp level this would not be the fuel to run. But, what level who knows.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)

i don't think you are dealing with a fuel octane issue.if you made x amount of hp with a powerdyne, you should be able to make at least the same or if not more with the ys.with your pulley setup, you are spinning the ys at about 48k rpm which is flowing more air than the powerdyne.if powerdynes made the most hp, then everybody would have one.yes, you should be able to blow the tires off in 2nd and 3rd gear.assuming the ys is working properly, you will have to retrace all the changes you made to find out what the problem is to avoid chasing any ghosts.if your a/f ratio, timing, compression, fuel pressure and no check engine lite all check out ok then i would suspect a possible cat problem.you can try dropping the exhaust right after the long tubes to see if it helps but be warned it will be extremely loud.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Junior SCH Member
    I went ahead and ordered the BBK x-pipe. Going back to the dyno Friday. We'll be installing the x and playing with the PMS. Hopefully I'll be happier this time.