Thread: over worked

Senior SCH Member

over worked

I have a 94 mustang cobra with a 351 and p600b, the car has heads, cam, intake, and Im currently making 10/10.5 pounds of boost and I was going to throw the 14 pound pulley on but everyone keeps telling me my blower will be over worked, what do you guys think, ati told me it was better than an s trim and I always see them spinning at 15 psi + on 351s , want to upgrade to d1 just not right now.

Senior SCH Member
    As long as you keep an eye on the impeller speed you will be fine, I have seen many people overspinning the Vortechs and ProChargers with no problems. I guess it all depends on how much and how hard. The rating is just a "safe" point for warranty reasons. I am spinning the hell outta my p600 to make 11-12 psi because of my good intake and heads it just doesn't make high boost (as you know boost is a measurement of restricted air) so the less restrictions you have the lower the effective boost but it still makes power because it is much more efficient in digesting air.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    Im giving up on my p600b, had my car on the dyno with my new intake and lost power because my blower cant push enough air, so now it is time for me to buy a d1, thanks for the info
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Think big. Think F1... that may be a better choice for you.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    Yea, man I would go with the F-1 or maybe the D-1R depending on your goals. You have a good setup and its going to take some serious boost to get that bigger motor to breathe.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    donny and them told me to put the d1 or maybe a novi. motor has to come out again, the guy who built the motor may have put the came in wrong.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered