Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
differences between an R-trim and a S-trim

Thread: differences between an R-trim and a S-trim

differences between an R-trim and a S-trim

What's the differences between an R-trim and a S-trim
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

Senior SCH Member
    the "R" was developed a a race blower...has better top end than "S"..but not as good as the "S" at lower rpm..The "S" flows 680 cfm at 45k and the "R" 750 at 55k..as u can see the r has to b spun a lot faster(belt slippage) than the "S" to make equal boost at lower rpm's..the "S" was developed as a street blower..the T is a lot better choice...and for not much more $...flows 825cfm at 52k.Further has heavy duty bearings and can b ran w/a cog sys...hope this helps.....

Senior SCH Member
    i have researched this to death. midnight is just about right, however, in my opinion & expierience with this blower, if properly matched the setup can do wonders down low with a r-trim. keeping the blower close to it's best effinciencey rating is also part of this as well. my car is very torquey down low and just rips on top. i have a 2.95 pulley on the blower. the car is going to be dyno tuned next week tuesday... :D so if the tranny and block stay together it should put out pretty good numbers.

here is the compressor map for an r-trim.
    http://www.vortechpower.com/photopos...t=1&thecat=998

here it is for an s vs t-trim.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...-trim_map.html

Senior SCH Member
    Didn't mean to leave the impression that the "R" isn't a good choice.The "T" is a better all around,low & high rpm's..Further the "R" is no longer available ...i chassied dynoed a "T" the other day w/stock block,stock fuels sys & 42's..over600rwhp & torque @ 5k..obviously was running out of fuel(Lean)...