Thread: I need a tuner

Junior SCH Member

I need a tuner

:bonk: Im about ready to just throw up my hands.If anyone can recommend a tuner,trusted and no bs,please foward a name and number.I am in Winston-Salem,NC.I willing to drive a short way,but I am hoping I get several names and phone numbers.Thanks a miilion

Junior SCH Member
    TWEECER! if you have some basic car knowledge, and have time for learning, you can learn to tweece any part of your car. http://www.tweecer.com and you won't need a dyno either. check out the tweecer RT setup.

all you need is a laptop.
    1995 GT low compression motor forged internals ready for some boost.... EEC hacking with TwEECer...

I also have a Tweecer RT on my car. I have played with a EEC Tuner 5.3 and the Tweecer RT. The Tweecer is by far easier to program and deal with. The guys on the tweecer board are also very helpful. Its worth the $550.00 dollars.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Doug.My main concern right now is getting everything put together then getting it tuned.I thought it woul dbe easier if I talked with someone that tuned and they could help with the things I am confused about.Thanks alot for your input.

hey tweecer guys, can i just make the necessary changes on my home pc instead of using a laptop? or is it a real pain in the butt this way? i know nothing about this tweecer unit but it sounds like a great tuning tool....enlighten me some!
    thankyou,
    -justin

Junior SCH Member
    Justin, you could use your home pc, but it would need to be in range of your car to be able to hook up to the usb cable thats inside your car. so yea you could use your home pc, make changes and write to the chip, but you won't be able to datalog while your on the street.. unless you strap your pc/monitor in the backseat with a power supply :)
    1995 GT low compression motor forged internals ready for some boost.... EEC hacking with TwEECer...

hehe, ok thanx for the info. i thought data was stored in the box, then the box was removed, attached to a home pc, then everything was shown in tables/charts through a program on the pc so it could be viewed afterwards. then changes could be made on the home pc, then reinstalled & go out for another run, etc. etc.........i didnt realize this was strapped in & stayed in as a permanent type controller. do you have to be a major "tuner tech" to understand this stuff or is it pretty straight forward? im a DIY kind of guy & always did my own manual tuning on my car...................thanx again, looks like im going to go laptop shopping!

Junior SCH Member
    well.. im not going to lie. at first its tough. It takes a while to learn everything. How the computer reacts and why to each change you make. pretty much you have full control over your eec, and its an excellent tool. but you must know what your doing as far as making changes :)

The installation is fairly simple. its not as big as a "box" like you mentioned. its just a regular chip, about 4-5 inches long, and piggy backs on your eec. and from there you run the wire out to where ever you desire which is how the laptop interfaces with the chip. so its permanent i guess you could say on your eec.

If you got any more q's lemme know. later.

Javi

thanx for your help javi, very appreicated! ill e-mial you when more q's come up. i have a ton but im going to research this & see how much i can find on my own before i swamp ya, lol!
    thanx again......