Thread: Is anyone running a new Novi1K with a bigger crank pulley?

Is anyone running a new Novi1K with a bigger crank pulley?

What kind of boost are you making?
    Or does anyone know what kind of boost it's supposed to make? I realise it depends on how free flowing your engine is so lets say on a stock engine.
    Thanks

Has anyone made their own powerpipe?
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Well, I'm making almost 7 psi with stock pulleys. This is with a stock engine (heads, intake, cam, tb). Guys that have the F150 pulley say the boost comes on a little sooner and it's usually good for 2-3 psi. A power pipe usually provides a few psi as well. If you want to get crazy, talk to Chris (Goliath) or lx-convertible (forgot your name bud, sorry :( ) They have experience with the ASP 8" crank pulley. It gives you 15 psi of joy!

On a stock engine with just the F150 pulley and a powerpipe, I'd expect boost to be around 10 psi.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

I'm a newer Novi, the one with the seperate belting for the blower and uses a 8 rib set up, so the f-150 pulley wont work but I did order a 8" crank for it, so hopefully it will be worth 14-15 lbs, thanks.
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

hey sinner, cool avatar!..........so how long have you been running the revised novi? the stock pulley is 6.88 so you only went about 1" bigger. im guesstimating approximately 3psi with the 8" ASP pulley. the older novi1k's went up about an inch to the f-150 pullies from stock & netted about 2-3 psi, so we should figure around the same. curious, what did you pay for the ASP pulley? im glad to see somone jumped out & bought the bigger crank pulley for the new kit, let us know how it turns out. im sure theres a few that cant wait to hear the turn out!

I havent run the new Novi yet, it's on it's way and I'm going crazy waiting for it.
    I hope it's more then 3psi cause they told me I would get around 13-14lbs with it (on a stock engine). I was gonna get a smaller blower pulley but it would void warrenty and this doesn't. I payed.....ummm I think it was $250, probably not the best deal but I'm up in Canada so things are little more pricey.
    I'll let you guys know how it turns out, I should have it running by the end of the month.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

really? they told you 13-14 lbs? that sounds like the 8" pulley on the older units! the new revised units(i have one) have a larger crank & blower pulley than the oler 1k's. its a 6.88, basically a 7", so your only increasing 1" overall on the crank...i could be wrong but the results from the 8" on the revised kits should be similiar to the gains of the f-150 on the older kits. with the new 1k units only running a base boost level of 4.5-5.5. psi i cant imagine 13psi from a crank pulley change, not going from a 6.88" anyways! you should cantact them & be sure, thats an awful lot of boost increase! let us know....

Thats what I thought, I couldn't see it making that much more, thats why I thought I would ask if anyone has tried it yet. I was running 7lbs of boost with a powerdyne before this, so I have to make more then that. I may have to void the warrenty and put a smaller pulley on there.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

well if your running stock heads im sure you'll see about 5 psi base, then the crank pulley could possibly add 3psi & the morpheus horsepowerpipe will add another 2 psi. this would have you in the 10psi range (give or take a lb). i say try that route 1st before voiding the warrenty! good luck man, keep in touch on the crank pulley results!

hey sinner you get that thing going yet? im dying here to see how the 8" crank works out on the new 1k!

Me too! There hasn't been alot of new info regarding the revised 1k and how to pulley it for more boost w/out voiding the warranty.

Let us know if you have any drivability problems, etc. with the new setup.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

No, the blower should be arriving next week and if all the parts are there it should be in within the following week.
    Novi said the pulley should give me 14lbs of boost (on a stock engine) who would know better then them.
    I think I will attempt to make my own power pipe for it.
    I'll have the results posted as soon as I can as long as it doesn't need a tune other wise I'll have to wait until thats done before I tromp on her.
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods