Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P1SC choice?

SCH Member
    Sweet! Do you have any pics?
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Four eyed... what pulley combo do you have? Your motor sounds similar to mine and I am trying to figure out what kind of boost I am going to be looking at next Monday. What are your pulley sizes?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

SCH Member
    I will have to look it up this afternoon.

The current driven pulley is different than the one in that pic.
    It's the one ProCharger sells as a 14 lb pulley.

Awesome, thank you... I am looking at my parts list and mine says that I have (at least on the parts list... I should probibly measure it too) a 6.5" crank and 3.4" blower pullies. The standard 3.70 or whatever was crossed out and 3.40 was written right after it, and I also am running a 67" belt as opposed to a 68". I just don't know what that will ammount to, and it would be really beneficial to find out what yours is, because that will give me an idea as to how much boost I am going to have along with maybe where you shift at too... just so I have an idea. Thank you very much.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

SCH Member
    3.70 " with the same crank pulley. I think ATI only has one size crank pulley available for the SC series.

I shift earlier than other ppl. 5,200 rpm.
    I have the GT-40 springs that came on the X heads and don't think they are good for much more than that.

I only see high boost levels on the dyno(12 was the most and that was right at 6k).
    That's the only place it gets revved up to 6,000 and I can really watch the gauge.

I may go with a smaller pulley once I get the tensioner figured out. I think a 3.40" will still be fine. Jerry from FordChips.com tuned mine and said I can go up to 470-490 rwhp safely with my fuel system.