Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Anderson P/P Install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson P/P Install

Junior SCH Member

Anderson P/P Install

Having issues with installation of Anderson P/P. (please see PhotoPost under bileaux, thanks). 90 degree rubber elbow out of intake side of blower going to fender seems to fit way too far back. It puts other end of elboe against shock tower. Instructions advise to enlarge existing round hole about 1/2". No way will it fit if I do that now....Thinking of enlarging hole like Steve's intake set up and after, putting plate over it. Need to bounce this around before I start cutting....
    Thanks,
    Jean Gaye'

Junior SCH Member
    I guess you can tell I'm not very good at computers too!! Please see PhotoPost under bileaux, thanks. JG

Holy gigantic picture batman!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Uhhhh it doesn't look like your supercharger is hooked up properly..

Your problem is right here... Your supercharger is not far enough forward for some reason. The front bracket is supposed to be touching the front of your supercharger.

Your shouldn't have a problem once it is properly installed :)

Mark

mheinjr, he's good to go, there are spacers that install where you see that gap. You can somewhat make out the spacer in my pic below.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

thats not how my supercharger is. That looks like it is the new setup "which I have"

Maybe I'm wrong but I know how mine is and the picture I drew up thats how mine is.

My discharge start pipe from the s/c is about 7 inches from the shock tower. His looks like it is only 3. "I really don't think somethings right..

Look at the ribs on the pulley. Don't it look like new style?

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, unit has about 3" long spacers. Pic just shows temp fit of head unit to indicate location. If unit came up to fit against bracket the pulleys would not line up.
    Do other NOVI 1000 units have the spacers or did my installer put those on because of other issues?

Your's have no spacers between the billet bracket and the S/C as in my pic? If not then my fault. Must be another change they made to the new 1000.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

The new style novi has seperate belt drive. If yours has single belt drive than it is supposed to have spacers.

"it looked like new style to me, but I guess I'm wrong :)

I don't have much help for yah than...

sept, maybe cut the rubber shorter?

Here is a pic of mine....

See i'm not making it up :D

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

My Old-style 1000 (6-rib belt) has those spacers.

Not to hi-jack the thread but.. Mark the new style does not have those spacer's? Maybe that is how they moved the headunit out further to accomodate the separate belt.

Jean, looking at the pic it does appear that the blower assembly is really close to the shock tower. Do you have all the bolts in the Cast bracket installed? Are all mounting bolts installed? The reason I ask, is because when I'd fix my headgaskets (4-5x's last yr, lol) I'd remove the bolts that installed into the pass. head, tilt the blower towards the pass side to be able to pull that head.

Anyways, let us know.

Thanks for the pic Mark!! Man I hate when they change things on me w/o my written consent, lol.

5150LX I edited my post and added my old picture when I first started it "I guess I should take a new one and show my progress..."

Did u see it? It's butted up against it..

Mark
    Mark
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...

My guess is that is one of the ways (they may have modified the cast bracket as well) Paxton moved the head unit forward to be able to move to a separate belt system. Just my thoughts.

Yeah I can see the difference in distance from the old,new. I think thats all they did was move it up cause it's only up farther a little "not like a big jump". It's up just as far as those spacers :)

The only thing I can think of is to cut that rubber elbow shorter. They might be sending a longer elbow for the newer models! I don't know I myself am still waiting for my P/P so I might have problems myself in some way, but hopefully not :p

Yeah I don't think It would be a big deal to cut the elbow shorter it's only rubber. There is always times for modifications.....

Mark
    Mark
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...