Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anderson P/P Install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anderson P/P Install

Junior SCH Member
    If you think all they did to move to a seperate belt system was to take out the spacers, do you think I could leave them out and try it myself???
    To 5150LX: Yes all bolts are in. Car was up and running with stock NOVI 1000 kit intake parts. I took head unit off to clock, it was hitting hood, plus I was not able to add Steve's discharge tube because of the angle the head unit was in.
    BTW, I would not have been able to add the bypass fittings because the port on the NOVI intake tube and port on Steve's discharge tube were almost touching. I have to have something not installed correctly. The only thing if I move the spacers out or mounting bracket, the pulley won't line up with the others.
    JG

This is a Morpheus pipe on an old style 1K.

I did have to cut the rubber 90 about 1.5 inches. Morpheus may use a different 90 than AFM so dont just cut 1.5 inches off yours.

This is the distance the pipe should be from the shock tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Here is a diff angle you can see the hole in the fender well and some of the bypass set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Your blower looks correctly installed to me (Old style Novi 1K) The problem I see with the elbow is it needs to be trimmed a bit to fit. Typically most 90* rubber elbows have a fair amount of straight area to them after the bend which need s to be trimmed to bring the pipe closer to the back of the blower. AFM powerpipes were designed for Vortech blowers and will work with Novi 2K's as well. The old style 1K kit sits the head unit quite a bit further back so some modification will be necessary to get a powerpipe on there. Even after you trim the elbow it will still be tight but it should fit as indicated in Ian's photo of his old style Novi 1K setup. Notice how much closer the section of the rubber elbow where the PowerPipe clamps is to the back side of the headunit? Hope this helps.

Damn it! I wrote all that for nothing. Here I am typing away while Chuck's clicking his "post reply" tab. Damn you Chuck;)

Sorry man!

Junior SCH Member
    One other question...
    When Anderson P/P properly installed, does the tube inside fender well run parallel to ground, or does it angle towards the ground at about 45* or so???
    JG

It should angle towards the ground at about a 45*