Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What size belt?

Thread: What size belt?

Junior SCH Member

What size belt?

Hey guys,

Easy question, I have a s trim on my car and I am ordering the asp a/c delete. It says to use a belt that is 1/2" shorter.

What is the length of the stock belt so I can tell the guy at the auto parts store what I need?

Also while I am doing this I will change the blower belt, is the gatorback a good belt to use for both or do you have better luck with some other brand?

Thanks - Chris.
    Chris
    89 GT convrt
    s-trim, heads, cam, intake, etc.

Gates makes the best belts. The stock belt is 90.5" long. The last eliminator I installed used an 89.5" belt. Mine also used the same.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Eric,

I will start looking for a belt, just out of curiousity would you happen to have the gates p/n off the top of your head?

Looks like you may have saved me one trip to the store if I needed 1" shorter versus the 1/2" the lady at asp said. I have a pretty close combo to your previous. I already put on the asp smog delete, the a/c was no longer welcome, besides my car is a convertible, so anytime I am out in it the top is down.
    Chris
    89 GT convrt

Junior SCH Member
    Eric,

I checked out your website and I see you use a cobra water pump pulley. Is this smaller than stock? That could be the extra .5" ?
    Chris
    89 GT convrt

No...I actually don't have the cobra wp pulley on right now....or the blower for that matter...lol. I am running n/a until I pick up my YS later today. When I run the cobra wp pulley and the 8" crank I run a 3+" shorter belt. Try a gates k060895 or you can go to pep boys and get one of their 895 k6 belts.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage