Thread: Threw my cog belt at the track.

Junior SCH Member

Threw my cog belt at the track.

I've been running a cog setup for almost four years and this is a first for me. It happened on my first pass. Luckily it didn't break anything. It got tangled up with the crank pulley. The belt was less than two weeks old and had to be cut. On the pass the car hooked really hard on the launch, lost traction, the regained it quickly (felt similar to pedaling). Think that could've caused it? I was hoping for my first 10 sec pass but had to shut it down. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Rich
    CHP 347 Stroked-R302 Block
    Paxton Novi 2000 Blown
    90GT

You using single or dual tensioners?

Junior SCH Member
    The bracket I'm running was the first brackets out for the Novi produced by Central Coast Mustang. There is one Tensioner with and additional Idler adjustment.

Rich
    CHP 347 Stroked-R302 Block
    Paxton Novi 2000 Blown
    90GT

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    This is going to sound crazy but it happen to my dad on his vortech with a cog belt, make sure the bolts that are holding the front pulley on the crank are tight or not flexing under the load. My dads ended up being the balancer itself moving/flexing under such a power load but others reported the bolts flexing or the front crank bearing taking to much load and the crank walking up the bearing.