Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What is your goal with your car??

View Poll Results: What is your goal with your car??

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • All show, no go...

0 0%
  • All go, no show...

6 22.22%
  • Drag only...

2 7.41%
  • Just a nice daily driving monster!

19 70.37%

Thread: What is your goal with your car??

What is your goal with your car??

A new poll...

Ian

I just want a nice powerful daily driver (if needed) car! Looks nice, but can hold it's own.

This will happen with either a novi 2000 or possibly a turbo of some sort. ;)

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Originally posted by UNTCHBL
    I just want a nice powerful daily driver (if needed) car! Looks nice, but can hold it's own.
    Ditto!! This winter, I'm going to do h/i/c and then hide all my wires in the engine bay. Then comes the stalker nose and cobra rear. Then I'm converting the interior to black leather and re-spraying the car in sonic blue. When all is said and done, I want to have a reliable and clean car that can run a low 11 and at teh same time hold it's own at a car show. So I guess you could say I'm going for both show and go!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

I'm right there with you dan! Get in touch with me when the time comes to do the wires. I did it, and wouldn't do it again.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Wouldn't??? I've heard that from numerous people, LOL. That can't be a good thing. From what I've been told, it takes anywhere from 8 to 12 hours. The nice thing is that I get laid off during the winter so I have 2 months of free time which should be more than enough to get it done.

Also, did you have to lengthen any wires Brandon? Or did they all re-route without being lengthened? It's only May and I want to get started already!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

I want a nice looking 10 sec street car. I can see in the future when my wife picks up a 99-03 mustang (when the prices drop), turning my car into a top five car in true street. Of course it will no be all comfy like it is now.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

My category isn't up there. I want a show car with the balls to back up the looks...a car that can do well, whether it's a run around the twisties or a trip down the quarter mile. I'd love to drive the car daily, but it attracts too much attention as is.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

SCH Member
    I want a 9 second car that I can drive to the track and back (1 hour each way). Also, I want this to be done with unported heads and intake. Not sure if this will happen, but I'll go until I can go no faster.

I've went a best of 10.87 launching at 2k rpm, the vb shifting into 3rd at only 5500 rpm, and the stock novi pullies. I think if I get a transbrake vb, launch under boost, a fuel system to allow for more hp (and more BOOST), and a little weight removal, I should be damn close to my goals.

We'll see!

If I can go 9's with DR's I'd be a happy camper.

I'd like a really fast car 11's somewhere, A descent looking car, and just a car to drive in the summer. "to pic up the hotties :) "

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

I'd just like to have mine back together again, seems like anything I touch lately turns to crap!! Once running again, I'd like to have a solid 10 sec. car that I can drive on the streets for those nice weather days.

Whistler, one word of advice on hiding the wires. Do the pass. side first and tackle the driver's side. The pass side is pretty easy & it'll go pretty quickly, I did the opposite and after messing with the driver's side I neglected to finish the other side for many months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I did the drivers side, and haven't done the passenger side yet. I only had to lengthen 1 set of wires.

I am shootin for 10's on drag radials also. Would like to got nines once with some sticky tires and alot of boost.

My current car will be able to turn fast, stop fast, and go straight fast. All while having a nice stero and ac. I like fred's idea above

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    I plan to win at least one Real Street race!
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    I would really like to see 750 rwhp in a car that is pretty decent looking and will run well at the track. Goal would be 9's, but for the present, I need to get it running and tuned and then worry about cleaning things up and practicing my driving. I relocated the wiring harness last winter and had to lengthen quite a few wires. It was harder to find a place to tuck all the wires than it was to lengthen them.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph