Thread: Anyone Effectively bypassed the A/C and Smog pump on 94-95 cars?

Senior SCH Member

Anyone Effectively bypassed the A/C and Smog pump on 94-95 cars?

I want to bypass the smog pump and A/C on my 95 with a P600. Is there anyway I can do this without having to buy the eliminator pulleys? I figure just some revised routing and a shorter belt, but wanted some suggestions. Anyone done this? and do you know what size belt I would need?
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    I did it and it was not good because the idler will start to make cracking sound, and the belt will run against the power steering pulley at the bottom, and you will buy belts every couple of weeks. but if you dont mind that I think the belt size was about 101 inch, not completly sure but close. hope this helps
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Senior SCH Member
    So I guess thats the reason why you almost have to have the A/C eliminator kit... I figured that, as close as the A/C is to the power steering.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    I left my smog pump off mine and it seemed to be fine, you need to get the belt on as tight as you can get it though....i also used a pulley off a fox body and put it on my tensioner becuase it has a lip on there....i have a 3" pulley on there now and i used a 103.7 belt...as for the a/c i was thinking about getting the eliminator kit...has anyone done this with their 94/95 d1 set up??