Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What fuel pump?

Thread: What fuel pump?

Junior SCH Member

What fuel pump?

What fuel pump and regulator is everyone using? I am currently using a Holley Blue and Aeromotive regulator and am having fuel starvation problems. I am running a D-1sc pushing 15 psi, my engine mods are in my sig. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Brian
    65 Mustang Fastback

D1-SC, 15 psi
    306 Shortblock
    nodular iron crank
    forged h-beam rods
    forged flat tops, 9.3-1
    Probe main girdle
    Trick Flow Twisted Wedge
    Trick Flow roller rockers
    Custom Comp Cams hydrolic roller, 228-236 at .050, .556 .566 lift
    Wieand Stealth
    4150 Holley, 600cfm
    Hooker super comp
    Toploader
    Currie 9"

Hi Brian.

I am using dual walbro 255 high pressure external pumps and a Aeromotive regulator.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    I have the aeromotive 1000hp pump, and reg
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

Junior SCH Member
    Is your holley blue capable of 22 psi?
    Thats what your fuel pressure should be if your running 15lbs of boost.................If not ,that explains your fuel starvation.....

Junior SCH Member
    aeromotive 1000 and reg here also. nice pump and can be used with EFI if converted in the near future.
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO

Junior SCH Member
    Quick question about the Aeromotive 1000 pump. They recommend using -10 feed and -8 return lines, that is huge and I know I don't need that much volume. Will it hurt the pump to use -8 feed and -6 return lines?

Brian

Junior SCH Member
    If you use #8 feed with a #6 return, you probaly won't be able to get the fuel pressure down to 6-7psi............your best bet is to run #8 feed #10 return.

Junior SCH Member
    Good point King Stang, didn't think about that. I think that pump is total over kill for my combination anyway. Thinking about Aeromotives street rod pump, 150 gallons an hour but a max of 19 psi. My Holley only makes 80 gallon an hour also at 19 psi, do you think the added volume would cure my problem? The motor rarely sees 15 pounds of boost, and only for a very brief time when it does. Any thoughts?

Brian

Junior SCH Member
    19psi of fuel pressure only gives you 4 psi of fuel pressure with 15 psi of boost.........I do believe that is your fuel starvation problems....................There is a spring you can put in the holley to increase pressure to 25 psi.

Junior SCH Member
    Well I ended up installing the Aeromitive street rod pump, and that seems to have solved all of my fuel problems. With this problem solved I finally got a chance to try out my G-Tech. On a deserted dusty country road I could only manage a very traction impaired 13.08, but on the plus side it was at 125 mph. So it looks like my next project is the suspension. Thanks for the help guys.

Brian

Junior SCH Member

FMU's???

What are you guys running who have Procharged Carb motors? I was told to run an Aeromotive "Boost Sensative regulator" words per Procharger rep. I am running the Holley Volumax 250 pump. I just got the Procharger P600B for my BBC. I am trying to get it all installed over the next couple of weeks and I am confused on what to run to get my fuel pressure up to boost levels... Any help would be appreciated...

Whytry