Junior SCH Member

Will this be safe?

On my old setup, I had:
    a-trim
    36# injectors
    Kirban AFPR
    255 lph fuel pump
    3.125 pulley

I saw 6 lbs of boost. My fuel pressure at idle was at 41lbs with the vacuum on. I made 342.4 rwhp and 376.4 rwtq. My A/F ratio was between 12.3-12.5 from 3000-4000, 12.6-11.9 between 4100-5000, from 5100-5500, it went from 11.8-11.7, and at 5600-6000 it's between 11.5-11.6. My timing is at 10 and my boost retard is .5.

Now, I'm going to just slap a SQ trim on there and put the 3.125 pulley on it. Will I be able to just remove the A-Trim, put on the SQ and just start hammering it? I don't want to blow the motor. Will my fuel setup be able to handle the SQ? I know I'll be making more power but I don't think it'll be enough to tax my fuel system right now. What do you guys think? More info on my car is at www.hplouis.corral.net I have a FMU and inline 255 lph fuel pump (sitting in my garage) but I'd rather not use them if I don't need them.

Thanks,
    Henry

Junior SCH Member
    Dont just slap it in and hammer on it.
    What are your other mods to the car????
    You now have more boost and airflow. Check the A/F readings to ensure it is safe. I would move your f/p to 45 - disconnected and put your btm on 1-1.25. Tune it and add timing and less fuel as required.
    Also i am confused, do you have a 255plh in now, if not put it in you will need it. I would upgrade to 42lbers if you intend to hammer it alot or upgrade in the future...more fuel is better, but you should be ok for now.

just my .02
    Mike
    1992 GT DECH, 331ci and S-trim

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 255 lph in the tank right now. I'm going to give that a try. I'm trying to avoid using the 255 lph inline fp and the FMU. If I can get away with the current setup, I'll do that. I just called up Vortech and they told me that the SQ will give me 2-3 more pounds of boost over the a-trim with teh same pulley. They also said that for every pound of boost, I should expect 10-15 more horsepower. I'm going to guess that I should see 10 pounds of boost and have around 390 rwhp. I think my currect setup can still support that.

What do you think?
    Henry

Junior SCH Member
    Also, the car is a stock 95 Cobra with nothing more than ignition upgrades (MSD, new plugs, cap, rotors, wires), a Pro-M 75mm MAF, 75MM throttle body, BBK 1-5/8 equals length shorties, bassani catted x-pipe, and a borla exhaust. It' has 56K miles on it

The fuel upgrades are posted in my first post.

Thanks,
    Henry

Junior SCH Member
    You should be ok. Just make sure it is a safe tune and add some fuel pressure.
    I am running 42lbers, 255intank afpr and it is running great with quiet a bit more rwhp. Friend of mine ran 36lbers with no fmu up to over 530rwhp, so at 390 or so you should be ok (i would put better injectors in at some point just to be safe.).
    Good luck post your new numbers.
    Mike
    1992 GT DECH, 331ci and S-trim