Thread: how much hp does the 190lph pump support?

how much hp does the 190lph pump support?

I'm using the 190 from the novi 2k kit . It seems everyone is recommending the 255 if you increase boost. I don't see myself increasing boost, but I do plan to add a few mods to get around 350hp at the rear wheels.

Can I use the 190 in this range?

thanks

We may be able to give you a better educated answer if you laid out your current combo and your planned mods. Just an off the cuff guess, the 190 will be fine with 350 RWHP. Personally I've run a 155 with time in my sig. HP guess would be at least 350 on my previous combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Whoops, no time in sig.

11.7 @ 117.5

right now, I have 30# injectors, 70mm TB, 80mm MAF. I plan to add adj fuel pressure regulator, MSD ignition w/ boost retard and headers/exhaust. Nothing too exotic. I know this won't get me to 350, but maybe close.

BTW, can I cut the FMU loose when I install the fuel regulator?

forgot to mention; 89 lx 5.0

You used a 155 with an 11.7? Did you have any detonation? How'd your plugs look?

I was running 24# inj. in conjunction with the Paxton FMU (12:1). Plugs looked a bit rich but I did experience detonation a couple of times when I tried to bump to the timing up too much. However with the FMU it seemed I usually ran rich especially on the top end.

Not to certain if you could run w/o the FMU, I'm ditching mine but I'll be running 42#'s, a 255 and a tuner of some sort.

I'll bump it to the top & maybe we can get some of the 2k guys to chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I ran a 11.4 at 124 with a 190 and 36 lb injectors.

Senior SCH Member
    Check out http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix..._Pump_Kit.html

Racetronix makes the only 255lph Walbro kit with a military spec quality harness that can ACTUALLY power the 255lph walbro high pressure accordingly. The stock harness is completely inadequate for the GSS340M that many are running. I am running this pump and harness and have never had a problem with voltage drop at the pump again.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Actually, it looks like the high pressure 340 pumps draw a little less amperage than the standard 307 pumps, at least according to this chart of figures from Walbro:

http://www.autoperformanceengineerin.../fuelpump.html

8 amps of draw is nothing to sneeze at!

Another interesting tidbit here: you can now buy a high pressure version of the Walbro 190 LPH pump, which is nice if you don't need the flow of the 340 but still want the added high pressure capacity. i know in some instances some folks have trouble getting the pressure to go low enough with the 255 pumps.

Oh yea: yes, the 190 is just fine at 350 rwhp.
    Chris