Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyno results, man the Novi 1k.......

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Neil, those numbers look fanfriggintastic, congrats. Wondering if they recorded any datalogs off the eec during the pull? I'm curious what kind of data turned up like max injector pulsewidth, what was the targeted a/f ratio vs actual, how much timing did they leave you with - are you planning on running nothing but 104 octane or did they burn a pump gas program for you as well? Also what MAF are you running? Did you get to see the strategy they used in altering your calibration or were they secretive about it? Just curious if they use the same programming shortcuts that Autologic uses.

thanks
    Chris

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    so many good questions. i run an 80mm pro m calibrated for 42's NA. I run only 104 in my car, pump gas is a thing of the past. The timing is 24 total. the pulsewidth is something i am not sure of, they datalogged everything possible. i was able to watch jerry do everything, but he is SO fast it's hard to comprehend everything. I can assure you he takes no shortcuts. The man is a tuning GOD. tell him what you want and he does it quick(egr shutoff, idle rpm, etc etc)
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Senior SCH Member
    I heard rumor Jerry is getting out of the business

who'd you hear that from? when i saw and talked to him that seemed unlikely. He said he loved doing what he does.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

Senior SCH Member
    When he did a dyno tune for us in chicagoland he said he got a job offer in OK and it was very temping and hard to pass up and now I heard he is most likely getting out of it and moving to OK

that would be a devastating blow to the fordchip future. I hope for the sake of the mustang community that he stays where he is at. His service and quality is invaluable in this scene, it would be a big loss. Wow i am all emotional now,:-( ------ ok beer:-o happy again. LOL!!
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

lx-convertible drinks a JD and coke to cope with the possible bad news. Public service annoucement to drown sorrow with alcohol....
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe

Alcoholics. You guys got me thirsty! :)
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Junior SCH Member
    Great numbers :) I made almost the same with my old set up and a procharger with 10 lbs of boost. Jerry and Pete are great guys and really know their ****. Pete knows a LOT more than just how to clean the computers :)
    I had Jerry do the tune on the last set up and will be doing the new motor real soon. I had the pleasure of having them stay at my house for a couple nights when we had a club dyno event and learned a wealth of info from them both. I would tell anyone with a blower set up to have them tune it.
    92 GT,Novi 2000,Nitrous Express, AFR 185 Heads ..etc etc

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    When he did a dyno tune for us in chicagoland he said he got a job offer in OK and it was very temping and hard to pass up and now I heard he is most likely getting out of it and moving to OK

Wrong...Jerry will be around for a long time :)

Senior SCH Member
    Hi ED,

Well I heard this from Doug unless you know otherwise which hopefully you are right

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by KoolRockSteady
    Hi ED,

Well I heard this from Doug unless you know otherwise which hopefully you are right
    well when I spoke with Jerry a short timre back the OK job was not gonna happen. and This was the first I heard of him getting out of the biz. He really enjoys this stuff and it makes him a decent amount of money at it as well so I dont think he is getting out of it :)

he sure seemed like he enjoyed tuning the cars with 400+ hp, but some of the cars(mercury cougar v6) he just seems annoyed with. I think he enjoys the challenge of certain tunes of different cars, but it seems like he likes the HP cars more.
    Neil

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe