Thread: 1000 making one hell of a squeal.

Junior SCH Member

1000 making one hell of a squeal.

My unit started making a LOUD squeal last night. Thing is wailing so loud I can hear it over the radio. It comes and goes, but never goes away. I checked the oil feed and its o.k. Sound is coming from the front coverof the blower. Honestly, it sounds like a bearing coming apart.

I traded a powerdyne for the realiability of a 500 mile paxton. Thank god I sent the warranty in.

Man these posts really scare me, due to tuning issues and numerous HG, I may have 150 miles on my unit. I bought mine just before Paxton upped the warranty to 3 yrs. So my 1 yr warranty has come and gone. Hopefully mine will be good for years to come once I get it all back together again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

sorry to hear that, deffinately scares me to hear that as well. thankgod for the warrenty! let us know how everything works out.......

It could be either the belt slipping or the power steering pump getting ready to puke. Check both things to make sure.

Sometimes, TOO much tension on the belt will cause the power steering pump to crap out.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Junior SCH Member
    i have the new separate drive unit.

Ahh. I keep forgeting about the 'new' 1k. Hmm, I don't have any more ideas then...if you figure it out, please update us.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

My old one is doing pretty much the same thing. It is much louder when cold but it is really annoying. Mine is not coming apart at the seams but I don't know how long it will keep going. I had to weed through a bunch of my old belts to make a setup to only run the super and water pump for troubleshooting. It's definitely the super. I am scared to death to send mine it for some reason.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

dang, you guys really got me scared now. i remember reading a little while back how somone here just got thier new kit installed & it was making some weird noise so he had to send the head unit back & wait for another one. i realize you'll have this now & then, but its starting to sound common......whats the deal here, the bearings should have problems so soon.........keep us informed coupe dreams........

Senior SCH Member
    A lot of these problems are because people don't check the jet or the oil feed line. I knew a guy with a T-trim and he had the same problem 150 miles after installation. Bottom line, blowers require more maintenance. You need to check the feed line and jet regularly. Of course, it could always just be a manufacturing defect, but it's unlikely considering that Paxton and Vortech check all of the blowers for QA.

Mark my blower has almost 10K miles on it and believe me my oil feed is fine.:)

I check it every time I change the oil. Both a cleaning and a flow check.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

Senior SCH Member
    Right. I think yours was definitely a bad headunit, not feed line related. I was just pointing out that it's not always bad manufacturing. But a lot of people have these type of problems because of poor maintenance.

Junior SCH Member
    well I am not new to SCs. I had a Powerdyne before this one. Right now, the blower has maybe a 1000 miles on it. If I have clean it out every time I drive it, then they can have it back.

SCH Member
    How do you check the oil jet??
    306 stock block, tfs aluminum heads and stage 1 cam, cobra intake home ported lower, 65mm t body, 42lb inj, pro m 80 mass air, V2 SQ 16 lbs 3.33 upper 8" lower, upr boost pipe, 373 gears,= 530 rwhp + 520 TQ 10.84@ 121mph while shifting 5th at the big end :teeth:

pull it out of the oil feed line, clean it & then blow thrugh it to be sure its not blocked/clogged. this should be done immediately after a supercharger install, also within the 1st 100 miles of supercharging & then again every oil change.......

On top of what mygt said I also flow check the nozzle with the coil wire off and turning the motor over with teh nozzle in a jar.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI