Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
R.I.P.(A little long)

Thread: R.I.P.(A little long)

R.I.P.(A little long)

Well I hooked up my nitrous kit last weekend. The car ran REALLY!!! strong. It was only a little 80 shot. I don't understand what happened. I took the day off work today and changed the rear springs on my car. I also took the ET streets off and put my Drag Radials on so I could drive the car around. Well, I get everything done and decided to run out to work to do some paper work. I was driving down the freeway minding my business when these 2 guys in a 2000 Camaro decided to play with me on the freeway. They pulled up next to me and we hit it. I killed him the first time we ran. The passenger signaled to me to pull over. I got off at the next exit to see what they wanted. I was a little concerned. but they looked alright. They pulled up to me at the light and the passenger said they wanted to turn there bottle on, I told them I also wanted to turn mine on:D . We pulled over at the gas station and we talked for a few minutes and we both turned on the bottles. He told me he had ported heads, a custom cam and the nitrous. He said it made 490 to the wheels with the nitrous . We got on the freeway and I ran him the first time without the bottle. He pulled on me a little through the top of third, he was ahead by about a car. We slowed down and we hit it again, this time I used the NOS. I pulled him by about 6 cars through 3rd:D .They pulled up beside me and gave me the thumbs up. When I got to work I noticed smoke in the mirror and then smoke coming from under the hood. I open the hood and my dipstick was touching the PS pump and my PCV valve was popped out( we all know what that means). I drove it home and parked it. I guess it's time for the 331 to go in. I can't really afford new heads right now so I guess I will reuse my AFR 165's. I am going to install a fuel system, bigger injectors, and a custom cam. I guess we will see how much power these little AFR's are going to make. :D
    Doug

R.I.P. stock short block 09/89 to 12/02 it put up a good fight.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

LoL,
    Sorry for your loss doug! You'll have to clue me in on the carnage caused. Maybe the site should give some sort of award for cool part breakage. Mine will be running saturday weather permitting. And hopfully I won't meet the same fate. OH, by the way, the 275,60, 15's fit without any hammering. I didn' t even have to roll my fenders. Maybe it's the stock rear springs. Also, the tires only measure about 8.8 inches at the tread. From side wall to side wall there about 11'' or so though. Anyway. I can't wait to see what they'll do. I think those little afr's will make some very surprising power. It'll be fun to see the comparison between those and a bigger head. When you do upgrade, what are you going to use?

Brandon

It must be the factory ford lift kit in the rear that let those tires clear:D . I will be installing AFR 185's or possibly AFR 205's. I will wait to decide until I have talked to a few people. I have the 205's on my 13:1 compression solid roller 418. It's a carbed nitrous motor. I just don't know if I want to get too radical with this car. I think I just want a reliable/daily driver 9 second car
    Doug

Good death :( that sucks man. 472rwhp and an 80 shot, heh let us know what the verdict is. Tell us the truth you were trying to kill that block :D If your goona go out I guess thats the way to go out! Keep us updated on future plans.

SCH Member
    Bad news Doug, at least it went happy, killing a Camaro!

This is what happened to my stock block, all the journals were the same:)

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1990 GT, B50 block,327 Stroker, Trickflows, GT-40. TFS Stg II cam, Novi 2000, Vortech fuel system, 42# inj, 75mm Pro-m mass air, PMS, Tremec 3550

11.46 @ 122.9 Quickest & fastest in the UK

Update,
    I decided to take a look at the damage. The car still runs great, holds good oil pressure, and does'nt overheat. The only real problem is the dipstick keeps popping out and there is a massive oil leak on the drivers side. I jacked the car up and found a 5 inch long crack starting at the dipstick hole and going towards the front of the motor. I will be pulling it out after X-mas. I'll post the pictures when I open it up. My wife told me I could spend up to $1600.00 on new heads for my Christmas/Birthday presents. God I love that women!!!!
    Doug

With all due respect, my wife has her beat!;) As most of you are probably aware, it costs a lot more for us Canadian boys to buy blowers and heads and stuff. In one phone call to Jack @ Muscle Motors I dropped $6300 Canadian on the Novi 2000and AFR's. She didn't even bat an eye when I told her. But wait, it gets better.

I had the money for my parts invested in a GIC at my "old" bank that renewed on a monthly basis. To make a long story short, they were busting my balls about pulling this thing before it's maturity date, which was a major piss off because I instructed them 2 weeks prior to ordering all my parts not to renew it and cut me a cheque for the balance. I told them I needed this money asap as I promised Jack I would have a money order sent out first thing Monday to pay for all the parts. Couldn't get nothing straightened out with them as I needed to speak to the manager and this was a Saturday so she wasn't there.

Now I'm sweatin' a bit as I'm a guy who keeps his word and I don't want to be calling Jack on the Monday to tell him things are on hold. So I head down to my bank I currently use where I got my mortgage and find out about getting a line of credit for the money I need to cover the money order. This is all taking place on a Saturday and the clock is ticking. I'm in there at 11am to fill out the paperwork for my application. The lady at the bank was great. She went to the wall for me and had this thing approved within a half hour of me finishing the paperwork. She calls me up and tells me everything is all set, except I need my wife to co-sign so the bank is covered in case something ever happens to me while I've borrowed this cash.

So I call the wife while she's out shopping with her friend and plead my case to her. She drops everything without complaint and is at the bank in 15 mins to sign all this crap just so I can get my latest toy for the Bird and so Jack can have his cash for my parts in a timely manner. The only thing she said was that she was just happy to play a part in me realizing my dream of getting my Bird to the level I want and that she'd support me 100% in the fuition of that dream. She gets my woman of the year vote without question!
    :D

Damn, she gets my vote for wife of the year. But, I think mine should get wife of the century, just for putting up with a dumba$$ like me:D
    Doug