Thread: adjustable FMU's...have q's

adjustable FMU's...have q's

i was thinking on purchasing an adjustable FMU to set the ratio where i want. i have an oportunity to get my hands on one fairly cheap locally & dont want to mss out if its a good choice. its a cartech adj. unit. i know all the pros & cons & how injectors would be the best route but i would like to make the best of my current setup...the beuty of the adjustables is i can make small adjustments, even in 1/2# increments! im just looking for some enlightment here if anyone has an adjustable unit, how they like it, how much of a difference it made being able to dial in the perfect ratio!
    thanx.....

If you can pic it up cheap, buy it, try it and if ya don't like it, sell it and make a little cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

yeah i hear ya, i may just grab it. the only scary thing is figuring out what ratio it is set at before making adjustments. i guess i would just screw it in for a safe wide ratio & then back down once i figure its pressure setting............the guy had it on a turbocharged vette, doesnt really know crap about it. he let a vette shop tune the car & set it up..........thanx for the input!

Hell if that's the case you should be able to pick it up for a 12 pack. Gotta love those guys with too much $$$ and no desire to do their own work.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

hehe, tell me about it. those guys are funny though! with all the bux they still are frugal as heck! trust me, this guy wont take a 12 pack, but im thinking i could grab for about $60 if i work him a bit...........

$60 would be a good deal, that Cartech stuff is pricey.

I was hoping somone would chime in & enlighten me on these adjustable FMU's! i know larger injectors are best but adjustable FMU's have to be a heck of alot better than non adj. since you can change the ratio of the air/fuel under boost! anyone have experience with an adjustable unit? were they able to better tune in the pressure under boost? any input is appreicated.........