Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Weird problem

Thread: Weird problem

Junior SCH Member

Weird problem

I know most of you are ford guys, but maybe you can relate,

Well, I was driving to work this morning and I noticed that when I snap the throttle it feels like the car compleatly cuts off. I know it didnt do this before the s/c. I havent done any kind of tuning and I havent really gone into boost b/c Im running full timing and no fuel pump right now. It doesnt do this when just normally accelerating but when I snap the throttle a little, it feels like fuel cuts off and then the car comes back on and drives normallly until I do it again. Any ideas?
    94 Z28
    ATI procharger
    hooker long tubes
    msd digital 6 ignition
    SMC alky injection
    Front mount i/c
    3"y-pipe
    3"cutout
    224/236 cam
    1.6rr

Senior SCH Member

Re: Weird problem

Originally posted by MEAN LT1
    I know most of you are ford guys, but maybe you can relate,

Well, I was driving to work this morning and I noticed that when I snap the throttle it feels like the car compleatly cuts off. I know it didnt do this before the s/c. I havent done any kind of tuning and I havent really gone into boost b/c Im running full timing and no fuel pump right now. It doesnt do this when just normally accelerating but when I snap the throttle a little, it feels like fuel cuts off and then the car comes back on and drives normallly until I do it again. Any ideas?

Just a wild guess, but usually when you go supercharged you should go with a colder spark plug and gap them at lower so you won't get spark blow out. Also, and after market ignition system never hurt anyone with forced induction, may want to consider this.
    I am not familiar with what kind of fuel system requirements your car needs, however I would think that you need to upgrade the injectors/pumps to get adequate fuel to the motor for the additional air.
    Also, I may be wrong, but you might need to get your meter recalibrated.
    someone else may post who has a better idea of your setup.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

More than likely it is spark blow out just like Dan said. You should buy plugs that are 1-2 ranges colder, and gap them consideribly smaller. I am not sure what your gap is now, but you should be down somewhere around .030 or a little smaller to .025 or so.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member

Re: Re: Weird problem

Originally posted by paluka21
    Just a wild guess, but usually when you go supercharged you should go with a colder spark plug and gap them at lower so you won't get spark blow out. Also, and after market ignition system never hurt anyone with forced induction, may want to consider this.
    I am not familiar with what kind of fuel system requirements your car needs, however I would think that you need to upgrade the injectors/pumps to get adequate fuel to the motor for the additional air.
    Also, I may be wrong, but you might need to get your meter recalibrated.
    someone else may post who has a better idea of your setup.

Dan
    Thast what I kind of figured as well, I havent gotton the colder plugsin yet but am planning too. I do have a msd digital 6 ignition on my car with som etaylor wires. LT1's dont need there maf's recalibrated but the car dose need tuning as I am currently running full timing which needs to be backed down alot. Thanks guys. I'll be putting on the ngk tr6's in a few.:)
    94 Z28
    ATI procharger
    hooker long tubes
    msd digital 6 ignition
    SMC alky injection
    Front mount i/c
    3"y-pipe
    3"cutout
    224/236 cam
    1.6rr