Thread: injector size

Junior SCH Member

injector size

Trying to chose an injector for my P1-SC @ 9 psi. For the near future I plan on using the FMU because it'll be till december till I can afford to ditch it for a dyno tune. I'm worried that without the dyno tune that 36# injectors will be too much at idle. Motor is a 5.0 with GT40 heads/intake and a cran 2031 cam (513/529) Should I get something smaller like 30# injectors or continue with my purchase of 36# ers?

Senior SCH Member

Re: injector size

Originally posted by po-po 5.0
    Trying to chose an injector for my P1-SC @ 9 psi. For the near future I plan on using the FMU because it'll be till december till I can afford to ditch it for a dyno tune. I'm worried that without the dyno tune that 36# injectors will be too much at idle. Motor is a 5.0 with GT40 heads/intake and a cran 2031 cam (513/529) Should I get something smaller like 30# injectors or continue with my purchase of 36# ers?

go with 36's IF your gonna KEEP the FMU, if your gonna ditch it go with 42's.
    I ran fine with 50's and no dyno tune, and better afterwards.
    make sure you get the meter correctly calibrated.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    I currently have a C&L meter (I know not exactly the best choice, but when I bought the meter I was staying NA), and plan on just buying the sampling tube. You don't think the car will run extremely rich @ idle with 36#ers? I'm assuming I'll have to tell ATI that I want my FMU calibrated for 36#ers too right?

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by po-po 5.0
    I currently have a C&L meter (I know not exactly the best choice, but when I bought the meter I was staying NA), and plan on just buying the sampling tube. You don't think the car will run extremely rich @ idle with 36#ers? I'm assuming I'll have to tell ATI that I want my FMU calibrated for 36#ers too right?
    Yes, that way you can get the correct disk for the FMU, probably a 4:1, and I would also invest in a boost sensitive FP regulator such as a kirban or aeromotive. But the car will be fine at idle with 36's, just compensate with your base fuel pressure. I would think setting it around 40-42psi with vacuum on should be fine.
    A meter also needs to be setup for blow through design on the car will run poorly.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    Next question: I just looked into both my summit and mustangs unlimited catalogs. Neither had 36# injectors or a sampling tube good for 36# injectors for my meter. Where do you guys buy those injectors from?

Did you try calling up Summit? They often have things in stock or can order them quickly that they don't have in the catalogs... usualy they have them in stock though. I would be supprised if they didn't have #36's in stock. Sample tube... you'd be best off calling up C&L and asking them where to get one... they might even have them and be able to ship you one directly.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net