Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Spin a D1-sc down to 8 psi?

Thread: Spin a D1-sc down to 8 psi?

Junior SCH Member

Spin a D1-sc down to 8 psi?

Hi all, I'm buying a procharger here in the near future for my '96 Cobra. I am trying to decide between the P1 and D1. I only want 8psi initially before I build up my motor. So I'm wondering if it would be ok to pulley the D1 down to 8psi or just go with the P1? What's the cost option of upgrading to a D1 later on down the line?

Thanks!

Senior SCH Member
    the d1sc would be about 2000 for the head unit but I think everything else would work.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

If you are planning on buying a D1SC down the road, just go with that now and speak with ATI as to what pulley would get you down in that area of boost.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I would go ahed and get the d-1 and be done with it.
    94 Z28
    ATI procharger
    hooker long tubes
    msd digital 6 ignition
    SMC alky injection
    Front mount i/c
    3"y-pipe
    3"cutout
    224/236 cam
    1.6rr

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah I would much rather just pay the extra money now as long as I can pulley it down to a mild psi so I dont kill the motor until I'm ready for it to be rebuilt... maybe I'll just hold off on the power pipe since thats gonna raise the boost anyway.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok so I just got off the phone with procharger.. once we got done with the miscommunication and the guy finally figured out I have a '96 cobra instead of a 5.0, he told me this:

I could run a 4.0" pulley, and see about 10-11psi. He said there was a guy there that has a 97 cobra and thats what he did. I'd be getting the kit with part number 1sx204-d1sc, which he said is the serpentine race kit, which comes with no FMU or fuel pumps, which I'm gonna get bigger ones anyway, so the cost is only $3104.04 :D That seems a helluva lot better than the $3900 I was expecting to pay.

Everyone think I should be alright running 10-11 psi on the stock 4v with a good safe tune until I'm ready to build it up in 6mo. or so?

Senior SCH Member
    you should be fine, I know a couple of guys running 10 pounds and more on mod motors, and there all stock else were with no intercoolers, so you would be ahead of the game. its all in the tune
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

You will be just fine. We didn't run into any problems with my friends mod motor (SOHC) till we hit #14 of boost, and even then all we did was float the heads :)
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net