Thread: please help mass air sensor

Junior SCH Member

please help mass air sensor

I have an 80mm pro-m maf it has 4 prongs my factory one has 6
    would this possiblily turn check engine light on. Car runs fine with 42lb injectors . Timming was set at 8 but turned to 4 pinging has stopped. Is it safe to 12lb pulley if I put on 255 intank fuel pump. Have no chip will a chip solve check engine light problem?

Senior SCH Member
    If your car is a 96- up it will require the 6 prong MAF. Anything from 87-95 had the 4 prong MAF's It will cause a CE light if you don't get the correct MAF, might not even run.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the help i juist got the new maf today do you know where i can get a good tune around the louisiana area.
    02' GT :ps-1c 8lb, 42lb inj, 80 pro-m,70mm throttle body, 3:73 gears, plentum spacer, timming advancer, aluminum drive shaft, off-road H pipe

Junior SCH Member
    the 2 extra prongs and wires are your IAT sensor. the wires are the 2 on the outside of the pigtail.

they started putting the IAT sensor inside the MAF in 01 and above models.

the lightning MAF's have 4 prong connectors because they used the external IAT sensor.

you didnt need a new maf. you just needed an external IAT <15$> and to cut and splice it into the maf pigtail and relocate it to the tubing before the throttle body.