Thread: Attn gnklr-Bob Kurgan

Attn gnklr-Bob Kurgan

Hey Bob,
    I've got a YS question for ya. We dyno'ed my best friends car yesterday and we need to the what size pulley's to use for more boost. He has an R block 408, TFS hi ports, 650 lift 248 duration solid roller, TFS R lower with a Hogan sheetmetal upper, 1 3/4 long tubes, 3 inch exhaust. It only made 10 pounds of boost at 6000 rpm with a 73 tooth crank, 32 tooth compressor cog set-up. We would like to see 18-20 pounds and then he will spray an 80 shot of NOS on top of that. We are not concerned about parts breakage. It has a Gen 7 DFI and 160 pound injectors and we are tuning it with a wide band, he only runs C16. He will shift it at about 7000-7500 rpm. We only made 1 pull yesterday and it only made 690 rwhp with 17 degrees total timing and it was pig rich, around 10:1 A/F ratio. The wide band broke. If anybody else knows the answers, feel free to chime in. We need to get the pulleys ASAP, we are sceduled next week to go back on the dyno.
    Thanks
    Doug

pic of motor
    http://www.novipower.com/photopost/s...papass=&sort=1
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member

Re: Attn gnklr-Bob Kurgan

you are going to need a 77 lower if you can find it... you are not spinning that blower hard enuf..... also, get a 28 or 29 upper... this will put the blower up in the 70k area... you will see about 18lbs or so then... it will leave a lot harder too... this is the combo (pulley size) that spence hart runs and has no problem.. BTW, whats your buddy doing for brackets?? I CNC my own brackets that have ZERO flex... lemme know..

thanks bob
    GNKLR50@aol.com

Originally posted by dugscpe
    Hey Bob,
    I've got a YS question for ya. We dyno'ed my best friends car yesterday and we need to the what size pulley's to use for more boost. He has an R block 408, TFS hi ports, 650 lift 248 duration solid roller, TFS R lower with a Hogan sheetmetal upper, 1 3/4 long tubes, 3 inch exhaust. It only made 10 pounds of boost at 6000 rpm with a 73 tooth crank, 32 tooth compressor cog set-up. We would like to see 18-20 pounds and then he will spray an 80 shot of NOS on top of that. We are not concerned about parts breakage. It has a Gen 7 DFI and 160 pound injectors and we are tuning it with a wide band, he only runs C16. He will shift it at about 7000-7500 rpm. We only made 1 pull yesterday and it only made 690 rwhp with 17 degrees total timing and it was pig rich, around 10:1 A/F ratio. The wide band broke. If anybody else knows the answers, feel free to chime in. We need to get the pulleys ASAP, we are sceduled next week to go back on the dyno.
    Thanks
    Doug

pic of motor
    http://www.novipower.com/photopost/s...papass=&sort=1

Thanks for the reply reply Bob. He ordered the pulleys from ASP just now. As far as the brakets go, we machined new brackets out of 1/2 thick aluminum. They don't flex at all. We also installed a brace just for insurance. He only road races this thing. The nitrous is just to get him off the 90 degree corners a little quicker. And before you ask, yes he is a little nuts.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous