Thread: HELP PLEASE no oil pressure

SCH Member

HELP PLEASE no oil pressure

Hi guys not afraid to ask for help I am seriously stumped

Car has sat for 4 years and had drain holes from a removed supercharger ATI. I decided to swap pans for piece of mind and man is that a tough in car job. I also changed to a melling oil pump and a new hardened oil pump shaft. I have tried with a reverse drill to prime the damn thing (30 minutes) and I can see oil run off the one vavle spring looking into the vavle cover hole about every 5 seconds and oil on the bottom 2 inches of the 1/4 inch drive used to prime it. But i had no oil pressure on the gauge (key on). I started the car and u could tell it had no oil and still no oil pressure I put a new connector on the sensor wire and still no pressure on gauge. I then took off the vortech oil feed line and it was confirmed no pressure so I shut it off. Not sure what the hell to do here any suggestions on whats happening or not?

SCH Member
    gents just a thought..sorry its been apart so long but is there something between the distributor drive and the oil pump drive I might of forgotten about the last 4 years thats likely sitting on my tool box someplace? The reason I ask this is the dist seams locked top to bottom so it should turn the oil driveshaft (not broken). And I have good oil pressure with someone holding the drill on when I watch the gauge yet nothing with dist in the car?

SCH Member
    solved..misplaced the oil pump drive ..**** what if its in the pan will it harm much?

Its possible it could damage the bottom end of the motor. Its best to get it out of the pan. Sorry to burst your bubble.

SCH Member
    not to sound dumb but is there enough space for it to pull out and flip flat in the pan or where could it be?

Hmmm

If I were you I would look for it very hard. But if I could not find it, I would pull the pan just in case. The only way if could get in your pan is if you dropped it while trying to install it.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)