Thread: Oil from intercooler outlet

Oil from intercooler outlet

I saw some oil residue around the MAF in the fender, so I pulled apart the big hose off the output end of the intercooler, and about three or four table spoons of MOTOR oil poured out.

Is this normal for a force inducted engine? I had my motor rebuilt about three or four thousand miles ago and was wondering if it had to do with the loose tolerances of the forged engine. The car runs fine, but will this be a problem later on?

Gill
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires

Are you sure it isn't blower oil? There is only one place motor oil could be coming from and it's that one hose that goes to the valve cover... I can't really remember on a modular motor, but depending on how the PCV system is... you may need a different one I beleive. It doesn't sound to me like you have bad tolarances... if it IS motor oil and not blower oil for sure, check that tube that goes to the inlet side of the blower from the valve cover... that may be your culprit. Make sure that is hooked up correctly and that you have all tubes and hoses in the right locations.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Yeah it's brown and viscous, not green and watery. The hose you refer to is just that, a plain hose, no pcv, no check valve. It goes from driver side valve cover, to inlet side of the blower. It's not soaked with oil and I didn't even see much oil inside the hose (just a little) I've had this setup for about 15k miles, so I wonder if it is just built up over time? The oil I found was in a tube that transversed from a horizontal position to a 90* bend going straight up, so it puddled there.

Still no drivability probs., just heard that boost in the crank case was bad. And I'm loosing a quart of oil every 2-3k miles somehow.
    Green 2000GT 5 Speed
    P-1SC 10# W/Intercooler
    Shorties, X-Pipe, Magnaflow cat back
    MM Sportbox Suspension, Torque Arm, Adjustable LCA, 3:73 gears, Forged shortblock, aluminum FW, 03 Cobra rims W/275/40 BFG G-Force tires