Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Advice needed..more boost

Thread: Advice needed..more boost

Advice needed..more boost

I've read your posts on the pulleys. I am one of the few Modular guys here and have a couple questions.

I am looking to get more boost out of my 1000.

What is the smallest I could go on the 1000 for my setup?

What is safe for my engine? (stock)

I am buying a water/alky injection kit soon so I will be able to up the boost. I'm only using the water though.

Give me your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Keith
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

anyone?

SCH Member
    you want more boost ok, afm power pipe(not sure if they make it for the novi1000 or make your own), larger mass air meater, ram air your air filter. thats basically free boost, how much rwhp do you have now and boost. i believe your fuel system canot handle over 360 rwhp (it maybe more or less) depending on how much rwhp your making now i would go off that, to c if its safe to order a smaller pulley.hope this help

im have the afm power pipe and 90mm lmaf. neither on yet. with the water injection i figured i could up the boost some more.

i am at 350 rwhp now, but there are guys running a lot more on the stock fuel system, so i should be ok. could always add an inline, if needed.

Junior SCH Member
    well yea your right you can go with more boost but I wuld not recommend any more then 12psi couse you will blow the motor
    if you have a intercooler in it you can go 14 psi

as far as the stock fuel system
    well I would make sure you have 50# injectors or at least 42# and a 255 intank

you cann get around 400-420 rwhp

like freddy said I would get a power pipe it should fit the blower fine I have one on my novi 2000 I had to make some modes due to the size of the novi200

also last word of advice ask your tuner to change your rev limiter to a torq converter so that when you hit the rev limiter (couse trsut me sooner or later you will) it will pull timimng not fuel like the stock limiter does also I would put your limiter at 7000 and shift at 6600 and you should be fine

got enough mods , but if I dont have enough ill go get more