Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
novi 1000

Thread: novi 1000

Junior SCH Member

novi 1000

I have a novi 1000 on a 90 must gt Im only putting out 5lbs of boost paxton says that they do not offer a smaller pulley for it.I want to know what crank pulley and water pump pully I need to get me over 8lbs.THANK YOU

Hello Chad,

A f150 crank pulley will get you to 8LBS or so. Allot of guys run them and are very happy with the outcome.

If you want more than 8, then you will be looking at a custom pulley.

Ian

Get the F150 crank pulley the stock water pump pulley should work fine.

This should put you right at 8#

Do a search on the site to find the proper crank pulley for your application.

That is Great Advice Ian, and 93notch!

I too agree! Don't mess with the pulley on the head unit of the supercharger! It will void your 3 year warranty! Just get the
    F-150 crank pulley off of a 5.0 Liter v-8 truck and just stick with your stock water pump pulley!

You should notice an IMMEDIATE difference! Be sure to ask any questions you might have about your novi 1000 and you car! Tuning, Ideas, whatever! Thats what this board is here for!

This board is comprised of many different wells of knowledge!

Hope this helps!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

SCH Member
    I am considering buying a Novi 1000.
    This will be my mods.
    Twisted Wedge heads w/ stage 1 port by Fox lake
    Performer RPM intake
    70mm throttle body
    TFS stage 1 cam
    24lb injectors
    Pro M 77mm MAF
    MSD 6AL and Blaster coil
    If I went with the Novi 1000 and a F150 crank pulley what kinda rwhp should I see?

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    - Twisted Wedge heads w/ stage 1 port
    Good flowing heads, will make good power for the money. Realize that you will have to install custom length pushrods and an adjustable valvetrain, these heads are far from being a bolt-on, unlike certain similar heads like Edelbrocks or AFRs. And you can't go much bigger on the cam in the future without notched pistons.

- Performer RPM intake
    A pretty good intake, but I actually prefer the standard Performer 5.0 intake- it is a little harder to install but it has better cylinder to cylinder flow balance, due to the RPM having several pinched runners (bolt bosses that the 5.0 doesn't have). Since you are running TFS heads, you might want to consider a TFS intake as a good matchup. If you already have the RPM intake, no worries, it will work fine for you.

- 70mm throttle body
    Some folks have noted some trouble matching a standard blower discharge tube to the big TBs. I'd wager a 65mm would be plenty for your app. but again, if you already have it, it will work fine.

- TFS stage 1 cam
    No problems here, a good buy, should work nicely.

- 24lb injectors
    On the small side if you will be running the F150 pulley. If you don't have them yet, go for 30s or 42s.

- Pro M 77mm MAF
    NO problems here, but I would avoid a MAF calibrated by Pro-M for a blower app, as they are really calibrated way too rich. A good chip tune or eec-tuner works wonders when running aftermarket MAFs & big injectors.

- MSD 6AL and Blaster coil
    I humbly suggest a Crane HI6 instead. More reliable, dial-adjustable rev limiter, cheaper boost retard option than MSD.

- If I went with the Novi 1000 and a F150 crank pulley what kinda rwhp should I see?

I'll wager 411 rwhp. I'm cheating, that's what a friend of mine is making with same setup, except e303 cam, GT40 intake, and 9psi Powerdyne.

SCH Member
    I already have the parts w/ the exception of the intake and throttle body. I currently have the cobra intake and 65mm throttle body. I have everything else listed. the motor is actually in the car now. It fells strong but now I want a charger. i am thinking of the novi 1000 ( as i just found a heck of a deal on brand new unit) or a 9 psi powerdyne that I can get used for under $1000. i want something that will make good power.

Personally I would go with the Novi 1000 over the used Powerdyne unit. The capability and the quality of the the Paxton product is well above that of the Powerdyne, IMHO. Do some research on the powerdyne and you'll see what I mean, try a search on the Corral for "powerdyne".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th