Thread: transmission suggestions-thankyou

transmission suggestions-thankyou

hello,
    i am a new member and i just want to say i am excited to be here. i like to surround myself with good people. oh and btw... i am not sure exactly how to use this just yet so bear with me ;). i wanted to upgrade to a viper t56 due to i know how much hp i will be wanting. it is so much to list.. but here it goes for now.

93 gt
    eventually i will have- 331 with an rblock , forged everything, 8.5 compression, afr heads 165/185, edelbrock performer rpm2 intake, 80mm pro-m (not sure what injectors probly 42's), a n2o system either zex or venom (smaller we system no more than 75) - "everyone needs a little juice"

right now i have but am waiting to put on - fluidyne radiator, flex fan, edelbrock water pump, 3.55 gears with speedo cal, paxton novi 2000 s/c kit, dallas mustang power pipe

this is what i have on right now - stock engine everything with 90,000 miles, paxton sn93 s/c, exhaust-wise= hpipe w/o cats, (i have it registered in OH:D ) and flowmaster force II's

i want to do everything right the first time. can't shoot me for that... or you could lol. i have been deployed for 10 months now and really need to know about this transmission. so here is the question.
    we all mostly know what a stock t5 feels like. it feels like you really put it into gear. well i wanted a t56 but.... i drove one in a t/a and it felt like it was gonna come out of gear. i like banging the gears.... is this just a shifter problem or is it the transmisison? i asked my friend with a 2003 cobra and he says it feels the same as a gm 6speed. i have been told both sides that 1 if i change the shifter to like a pro5.0 it will feel like a 5speed (positive shift)
    2 it will not make a difference and i should go to a tremec tko 5speed.
    i really want a 6 speed though-gotta love the transmission gear ratios. this car will be used for some long drives and i would love to take it to the track a few times a year. road racing is my thing though ;). thanx alot for all of your time and sorry about the length of this message i will try to update this info to my signature.. :( i didn't know what it was b4!!!!

If you're gonna drive it on the street I love t-56's. Thats my vote.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

thanx for the reply friend. wish i could drive one with the viper transmission in it. but that won't happen soon because i am in a ****hole right now. can't wait to get out and drive my car again. it has been too long :(
    i heard the 3.73s were a good thing with them too... but the most important is how it feels. need that positive shift feeling really!!!! thanx
    93 black gt

Senior SCH Member
    I installed a Viper trans about 2 months ago and feel that every stick mustang on the planet should have 1. I have a steeda shifter and I have never felt that the shifts where not positive. It feels alot more solid than a t-5.
    It does however have 3 rails of gears instead of 2 so to some it may seem notchy. It was alittle harsh shifting when I first installed it, but now it shifts very smooth. The double O/D is awesome!!! 1700 @ 71 with a 373 gear.
    A word of warning before you install it. If you have sub-frames they will need to be removed. Also the stock H-pipe will not fit, I had a custom 1 made. Other than that it bolts right it.

Good luck and have fun!

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113