Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
help idle issues

Thread: help idle issues

help idle issues

Well I read a bunch of the idle issue posts.

1. I checked for vaccuum leaks "none I don't think"
    2. Clock mass Air "will do tomarrow"

I am just wondering if it is doing this because it is running rich.

It runs between 900-1100 rpms up,down..... It was on like 36 fp and it was loading up and now I backed it to 35 i think and now it seems fine "it's not loading up", but it is still idling weird.

I have old plugs, wires on there and I don't know what the timeing is at "yet", but do you think that might have to do with the richness or no not really?

What else could it be with the idle like that? sensors or somthing I should check?

Thanks

Mark

Mark, do you have a bypass valve installed?

Another thought, you may want to consider looking into the idle air adjuster plate from your Ford dealer, it worked wonders for me.

Another cause could be a dirty IAC.

Could also be a ground problem, do you have a relocated battery? If so did you run the old battery ground cable from the block to the frame?

I would suggest starting with the basic's before you throw money into parts you may not need. A fresh tune-up would help all the way around; include plugs, cap & rotor, wires, fuel filter (if not done recently), set your timing & adjust your idle, the corral has a tech article on setting idle I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I used to have idle problems also. I traced it back to the fuel pressure. The car was running too rich at idle and would cause the car to stall out after idling or when coming to a stop.

My FP is at 35 psi now and the car runs like it did when it was n/a
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

well it's funny It was at 36 and it did it and I lowered it to 35 and it was ok for like 2 minutes idling and than it went right back to it.

I'll check some stuff out.

Thanks

Mark
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)